Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this guy I'm supposed to meet up with at the next gunshow here in town about his S&W Model 27 . This will be in a couple of weeks. So I went to my cowboy shoot today and am told about a small gunshow going on in Branson. So I think hell might as well go with the guys and visit after we're done, can't hurt a thing right? Well low and behold I find this guy at a bargain. image.jpg image.jpg She has some soul and will change appearances with some new grips. Lock up is tight and timing is spot on. I hate gunshows..

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
You done good...it's really hard to beat a Colt.

redhawk

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My question is are those original grips. Something tells me no. The serial # starts with a AC also. I'm guessing that means Agent cobra. Not for sure. No idea what the agent would designate so will have to research that one alittle bit. If anyone knows feel free to enlighten me.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I don't think so. Most of the Colt factory wood had the small Colt medallion at the top.

redhawk

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ok....I take that back...I just did a search and a lot of the mid-late 70's Cobra's have the grips that are on yours. I believe them to be factory.

redhawk

·
Premium Member
16,409 Posts
Hey Electric,

Wow! That is a SWELL looking COBRA!!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

Reactions: electricmo

·
Registered
241 Posts
Congrats on a nice Colt. I bought one of the new Cobra's but still prefer the old ones.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
My Dad has one he bought in the early 70's. Been looking for one for about 10 years now.
Good Score !!

·
Super Moderator
23,643 Posts
Very nice!

Reactions: electricmo

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Nice grab, Congrats.
I have a King Cobra, it's the 6" SS model.
Used it to qualify for CCP class.

RP

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went to colts serial number lookup page and punched in the number. It came up Cobra made in 1993..What the hell? Colt supposedly didn't make any in that year.
After alittle research they briefly made them from 1993-95. I guess I was mistaken.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think you got a very nice revolver. I like snubbys for carrying or collecting. IMHO, they are the finest "get off me" guns ever designed.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That look like a good bite to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts