Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am a proud new owner of the XT-22R. I have been looking in forums and on here and haven't come up with a ton of info.

What bipod options are out there for the synthetic stock, and if I am willing to drill into it, anyone have experience doing so?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think that's what you're talking about (drilling a mount) to tell you the truth. The current sling holder will never last long, and most bipods want to attach to the sling mount. The other choice would be some kind of picatinny rail, but what would that attach to, the barrel? There maybe something like that out there, but it might scratch your barrel.

One thing it seems, the clamp on bipods all seem to be POS's in one way or another.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats on your new XT! I have seen one at Walmart that might work. Looks like it would attach to the sling mount. I did not buy it but it looked promising.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Reactions: miket156

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
I have my concerns about a synthetic stock sling mount holding up too. The only thing I could suggest is to get a HARRIS Bi-Pod. American made and solid as a rock. Harris BiPods are a lot more expensive than the ones that are made in China, which are not of the same quality. I put a 4" Harris Bi-Pod on my Remington 798 (made by Zastata-Serbia) 300 Win Mag. Even with the heavy recoil. that BiPod stays put. However I don't shoot a lot of rounds through that rifle, a 300 Win Mag is not exactly a target practice round.

You get what you pay for............

Mike T.

Reactions: marlin54

·
Registered
2 Posts
How is the molded in stud holding up so far? I have the same rifle and I'm considering adding a bipod.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts

Attachments

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
My buddy owns an XT-22R that he bought at the local Walmart.It has a black synthetic stock that comes with a sling studs already installed.If yours doesn't,Uncle Mikes makes a set of sling studs for synthetic stocks.
As far as a bipod,any will work.I own 4 or 5 Harris S-BRM.I use them on all my guns and they are great bipods.But,if you do not want to spend $100.Caldwell makes a nice bipod which is a Harris clone for around 1/3 the cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts

This guy explains the process of drilling a hole and mounting metal swivels pretty well. Not sure if I want to risk cracking the stock over it though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought one. Feels really solid. I am going to the range tomorrow for my first time using a bi-pod. Been researching technique.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts