Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Big Ugly Boars

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  94win30wcf 
#1 ·
Last week was white pig, this week is BIG PIG! This old boy is just weeee bit thick!!

Having had a bunch of pictures on this camera, and having put a pig or two in the freezer on this stand, I kinda got a pretty good idea that the little gilt pictured here, probably weighs in around 110 - 120 lbs.

Big boy above is in background, this other feller here is no slouch either.

Looks like there is a third about the size of the one at right here, but he appears maybe a little longer, and a couple smaller boars came in early morning hours. Meanwhile this guys brother was at my house a mile down the road about the time this bottom picture was taken.

See less See more
#3 ·
Here's my bud Dennis. He works for the Railroad and is 6'5" tall. We were near Abilene, Texas. Dennis used his Dad's Winchester 1894 bought at the PX in Korea, 1952. Federal factory 170 grain ammo. Dennis was on the ground behind a pile of branches when this little guy decided to investigate. I was 100 yards to the left and heard the commotion, but couldn't see through the brush. It took two shots at 20 feet to stop the investigation. Some of those Texas hogs grow pretty big.

Gesture Military camouflage Military person Military uniform Soldier

#4 ·
Don't know why they're suddenly coming out of the woodwork on this stand. Had a sow and 4 pigs coming in there, I shot 2 of them and she's run the remaining pigs off and rambling in preparation of dropping her next litter. The old guy that lives here has had problems with hogs before. I shot two out of three coming out of his front yard one morning on the way to work, so he asked if I was interested in hunting them. I despise hogs, and love pork chops, so I told him that I'd be more than happy to try them.

He's in a killer location for Hogs, big swamp south and west of him, old oxbow lake off the river that silted in, couple hundred acres easily, half mile to a mile back to the river is all water management land - No Hunting allowed back there, little drain running just north of him between his place and mine, retards across the road promoting pig population on their tract of land for years. Back in the day they used to hunt them, now they're all older and lazy, and they fuss about them wandering around in the front yard in broad daylight.

Gradually learning that many of the hogs I see here at my place, are coming from beyond his place, I get them on both cameras from time to time, but when they come in at my house, they seem to come in a little later. Pigs that show pretty faithfully around 8:30 - 9 pm at his house, arrive up here at my house around 11 pm. Boars pictured here have been up at my place, and they looked big on camera here, but this camera is about 3 times as far from the corn pile, so they look a
whole lot bigger there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.