Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it bad to totaly unscrew the rear eye peice on a scope? My buddy was messing with one of my scopes (a pricy one) and totaly unscrewed the rear eye peice from the main body. I screwed it back on, and all looks ok, but did i let the gas charge out? Or is it likley to fog up now?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I believe that the expensive scopes are filled with Nitrogen, so it may be that you will need to get the scope sent off to the manufacturers and get it sorted.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yep, he fuxxored you. Most good scopes are fileld with inert gasses to keep them stable in extreme conditions, I would say that your scope tube is now filled with AIR vice nitrogen or what have you. Call the manufacturer and see if they can help out. HTH

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Send it back to factory to have repaired,, tell them the truth.. most will just repair it even though it was your fault..

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
As long as you're sending it back for repair anyhow, beat your buddy over the head with it first! :lol:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called Nikon, they said they will fix it free of charge. They should not make the rear eye peice removable for idots like me who let buddys mess with their guns!

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Bet he doesnt do that again :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Mr. Joe-It sounds like your buddy needs a gun barrel enema! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Very few shooters over here feel like buying Nikon any more.
A couple of months ago they had a picture in a shooting magazine which featured a fox with its head showing up in the “Cross-hairs” of a Nikon scope.
They received a complaint from some dip-s#it “Animal rights” protesters about this picture, and immediately issued a statement saying that they wouldn’t do it again. :shock: They then went on to try and disassociate themselves with any form of hunting, saying that most of their scopes were used for “Target shooting”, and that they couldn’t be held responsible for anyone who used them for other purposes. :?
It was the most unbelievable piece of “Ass kissing” that I have ever seen, and demonstrates how these big companies will try to be as “Politically correct” as they can whilst still trying to con us shooters that they are our friends. :roll:
Personally I wouldn’t buy a Nikon if they were selling them at one tenth of their current price. Bastards!!!!!!!!! :x
G.M.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think they make a great scope, but dont like them too much because they are made in japan. I only buy American made guns and shooting accesories most all the time. The only exceptions are a Glock, and a Browning A-5 (belgum). Europe is the only other acceptable place...and i dont evan like to buy from them! The Nikon was given to me....good scope though

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
If Nikon doesn't want to be associated with hunting, they should get out of the scope business.... I'll remember that the next time I'm looking for a scope.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
I found three but they all say "Not Available " :roll:

Maybe we should tell them how their binoculars are used for hunting too. That would really put a crimp in their profits, if they dropped them too. :wink:

Also, don’t hunters like to take pictures of their kill?

Hmmm 8)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
howie38 said:
If Nikon doesn't want to be associated with hunting, they should get out of the scope business.... I'll remember that the next time I'm looking for a scope.
Have you told them that yet? A little International FU of sorts?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts