Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gents, it's been 35 years since I rode/hunted with a Honda ATC (see pix below from nearly 30 years ago). But I made a little local purchase a month ago that will change all of that. 1984 Honda Big Red. Very original. 200cc and 13hp! Been working on the original fuel tank for the past couple of weeks stripping out the old tank liner and soldering up the holes under the tank. She runs great! Feel like the coolest kid on my block. This is the second year of the Big Red, first year of shaft drive and last year of high/low/reverse transmission. Light restoration and touch up ahead...keeping original.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Plant

Smile Hunting Deer hunting Trophy hunting Vertebrate
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Premium Member
5,073 Posts
I'll never forget the first time I rode one of those! Almost went through a fence trying to turn it sitting up straight. Learned real quick you have to really lean into the curves, but they were a lot of fun once you got the hang of it.

That one looks great!

· Registered
1,157 Posts
Back in the mid 80's when those were the big thing, I was too young to have ridden one and my family was too poor to have afforded one. But some of the older boys (my momma's cousins) who were teen agers when I was a tad had them. They'd ride them up and down the country road, leaning into those curves, and I though it was the coolest thing I'd seen.

There's still a few around in old barns mostly. None of them look at nice as yours!

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I think we all have pretty cool memories of these. I was never able to afford or have parents to allow me to own one of these when I was a kid. But fortunately a lot of kids in the neighborhood had them.

Can you guys get which one of these machines has 207 HP in which has 13?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
513 Posts
Very nice. That's too purty to be rode on and carry a bloody deer our lease in the Hill Country of Texas.LOL I have the Four Wheel 1984 200CC (TRX200) drive shaft model with reverse. It ain't shiny new like yours, though!

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great pic of a later Big Red above. Also enjoyed your stories everybody. Agree with the Darwin Award comment. Puma, you should post a couple pix of that old Honda four wheeler would love to see it. I hunt mostly in Nocona Texas at my buddy's place. I hope to keep this one garage at my house and clean like it is. Puts a smile on my face.

Kings, awesome about the band play! I did that for many many years including back when that photo was taken. My last band shut it down a couple years ago. Still love playing but all the band work is a beating. It's like having three other wives. My ears and patience have definitely paid the price!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts