·
Registered
982 Posts
Nicely played! On all counts.

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Dandy of a buck you got there! I hope to get out there before the season passes me by again. Taking one with my 45 colt henry would be a first for me with that rifle. Sure looks like it get's the job done.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Dandy of a buck you got there! I hope to get out there before the season passes me by again. Taking one with my 45 colt henry would be a first for me with that rifle. Sure looks like it get's the job done.

Congratulations!
Good luck! I'm not too far from you, in Nelson County.

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Great season!! Nice buck!!!

Reactions: bdbrown66

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
According to my quick calculations, this 45 cartridge fired from a rifle barrel carries more energy than the mighty 44 MAG fired from a revolver. No wonder it is so effective!

Thanks for sharing.

TR

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Very nice deer. Congrats!

Reactions: bdbrown66

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
According to my quick calculations, this 45 cartridge fired from a rifle barrel carries more energy than the mighty 44 MAG fired from a revolver. No wonder it is so effective!

Thanks for sharing.

TR
You are correct. And if you go with a stout load and a 300gr bullet, you will take it beyond what the .44 can typically deliver. A poor man's .45-70, if you will.

I already have a .45-70, so I don't need to go that big with the Colt. But a 250gr bullet at 1700 fps is more than adequate deer medicine for the woods where I'm hunting. And it is surprisingly easy to shoot in that rifle. It feels about like shooting an AR-15 or something like that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well done ! I have the same rifle in 45 Colt and have yet to take any game with it yet. Maybe this will be the year ,

Jedman

21 - 33 of 33 Posts