Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the morning at the range today taking out clay pigeons and chunks of wood. I just grabbed the .458 dia. plinkers off the rack to take along, even left the 444P at the ranch; she was whining when I got home. I ignored her cause I wanted nothing but the best with me today.:flute: You just cannot beat the amount of fun one can have with Guide Guns, especially ported models.... Just wanted to share a little Florida morning fun with you. BTW, nothing left of those dangerous clays & blocks of wood.

Picture of 1895M, 1895G, 1895GS.

1895gunner

·
Premium Member
16,786 Posts
Bluing problem?

Hey Scott,

Looks as though you wore the blueing off the one rifle.:biggrin:

Must have been shooting a bunch. :biggrin:

Glad you are back from Italy, and Happy Birthday!:congrats:

Later, Mark

Reactions: 1895Gunner

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Scott,

Looks as though you wore the blueing off the one rifle.:biggrin:

Must have been shooting a bunch. :biggrin:

Glad you are back from Italy, and Happy Birthday!:congrats:

Later, Mark
Who knew that I would enjoy a Guide Gun that wasn't blued? There are some terrible enablers on this forum.:hmmmm: It was great to get out with the rifles after being abroad. What did she say; There's no place like home?

1895gunner

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Looks like you had a Good day for sure Gunner, you didnt "Spook" nobody with them little guns did'ya :flute: :biggrin:.....

BloodGroove4570 :driver:

·
Super Moderator
6,347 Posts
Straight stocks and BIG holes!! Glad the place is safe again! LOL!! Gotta love it!

Jeff
NRA Life

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like you had a Good day for sure Gunner, you didnt "Spook" nobody with them little guns did'ya :flute: :biggrin:.....

BloodGroove4570 :driver:
There were some girly boys down at the other end of the range that flinched every time I fired a round, least that was what I thought until I noticed five females show up to shoot with them. :shot: Now I'm thinking I need something, em... less large,...... not as big around - something more gentle like an AR or a Ruger 10-22.

NOT :biggrin:

1895gunner

·
Super Moderator
6,347 Posts
Or maybe some "loads for the grandkids" in your shooting box for times such as that.

Jeff
NRA Life

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
hahahhahahaha, yeah RIGHT, maybe a 50 Alaskan wont make such a BIG BOOM!!!! :biggrin: You know i keep hearing stories that if I/you didnt have them ported guns I/you wouldnt be so LOUD at the range,,,,, thats what they tell me :flute:

I say that talk aint worth doodlysquat!!!!! :marchmellow: :tee: :biggrin:

BloodGroove4570

If they cant run with the Big dogs, stay home with the Kittens....... :flute:

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Woa, wait a minute. Your 444P is in a class all by itself. She just needed her beauty rest. You know that really down deep she is your favorite, she is so much more than any of the others.

Thank you

Mckmain

·
Registered
130 Posts
Scott, I like the triplets! Shooting the big boys definitely makes for an awesome morning!

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Woa, wait a minute. Your 444P is in a class all by itself. She just needed her beauty rest. You know that really down deep she is your favorite, she is so much more than any of the others.

Thank you

Mckmain
Yepper, I sure like my 444P Outfitter but,....................... to be honest, I had already used up my loaded ammo for her. She'll get a special trip to the range next weekend I'm thinking...

BTW, the Outfitter is typically the first rifle pulled for hunting season.:driver:

1895gunner

·
Super Moderator
6,347 Posts
Well, it IS enough for the job!

Jeff
NRA Life

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Just rattling you. I remember from a previous post you mentioned your love affair with the 444P being your stable mate first out the barn go to girl.

Thanks for the fine photo of the three brothers of beastdom.

Mckmain

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Scott ...

I have seen the bipod in several of your pictures when you are at the range. Do you ever use any bags or rests of any kind other than the bipod? Just wondering ...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts