Marlin Firearms Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Well they can't take the guns, so he will try and make them useless.
that's what I said years ago.
I see that second CW on the horizon.

RP
He can try to make them useless, but that is an absolute violation of the Second Amendment. And, if challenged would without doubt fail.

Are you a psychic? My gun dealer just told me Winchester and ATK (Federal) just got the largest government contracts for ammo ever. Of course Government gets their ammo before anyone else. Is this a way to keep us civilians from getting ammo?
Repeat of the massive orders for ammo under the Obama Administration. And, while the government made up excuses about those orders being contracts for ammunition to meet their needs for several years, for each respective branch of government, I had a neighbor who was a military disposal contractor, he's now retired, and he stated that he was hauling semi loads of 5.56 to be shredded at the time. 40,000 POUNDS, yes with a P - POUNDS per load, and had hauled several loads off the base he was working on.

The Party that paid rioters to burn, loot, murder, and ruin peoples' livelihoods want 'common sense' gun control. They flew the organizers and ringleaders from targeted city to targeted city. biden and harris contributed to rioters' bail funds. Their partners in Media, Police, and City Administration gave them carte blanche to destroy with no consequences.
Now, they don't want you and I having access to ammunition. I wonder why that is?

View attachment 889461

Because Kyle Rittenhouse showed them the light!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Several months back, there was some mention about a new ammo plant in Texas (?). So, what about that "new" ammo/primer establishment in NE Texas? Has anyone heard or seen anything more about it?
I haven't heard or seen anything else about it.

WYT-P
Skyhunter
My FFL / Gunsmith was telling us that they are setting up a distribution network. He did not give it a timeline.
But he also said that Remington, Federal and CCI were going to stop selling components.
He does Gunsmithing for several local gunstores.
There is nothing official in what I was told.

·
Premium Member
10,429 Posts
amazing! i wonder what the founders would have thought? we have a system/government that is flat out treasonous to the American people they work for! that they took an oath to uphold our constitution and protect it and us! these people have sold us and our rights out! they have their own interest at heart not the people who they supposed to serve! the liberals are traitors! and the republicans are flat out backstabbing snakes! the republicans chant a little protest (to make it look good) as to what the traitors are doing to our country and us, but behind the scenes they make their crooked deals with the traitors! so they can get richer and richer! the truth is they are all in bed together. for what hunter biden has done, that alone should disqualify our installed "president" if these people (republicans) were any kind of patriots to our country at all! they would have never allowed him near our white house! "We the people" are at a crossroad, what will we do,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
16,877 Posts
"We the people" are at a crossroad, what will we do,,,,,,,,,,,,
same thing our fore fathers did....grow a pair and get the Revolution started, it's time America got back on track! Current administration (puppets) need to be out and responsible leaders elected. GET OUT BIDEN!!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Thinking about this, I dont see how they can ban ammo sales to civilians. For one thing, we can make it, by reloading. Many do. So, what else might they try? Limits on sales or maximums you can keep? I know, pointless restrictions but its all part of of their end game. A total ban on private firearm ownership. They havent even got to that here, though like the US, no shortage of misguided fools who want to see it.

·
Premium Member
10,429 Posts
"We the people" are at a crossroad, what will we do,,,,,,,,,,,,
same thing our fore fathers did....grow a pair and get the Revolution started, it's time America got back on track! Current administration (puppets) need to be out and responsible leaders elected. GET OUT BIDEN!!
yes i agree! i discuss this with friends a lot. the problem is, "elections" are rigged! then when a republican gets in, they look like the opposite side of the same coin! they smile at us, and lie to us! they tell us how great they are and what wonderful things they will accomplish for us. then you barley here from them until election time rolls around, then they put on their plastic persona so they can stay in power and get even richer! we need a leader who will take off their suit and get their hands dirty! and that is all i dare to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Thinking about this, I dont see how they can ban ammo sales to civilians. For one thing, we can make it, by reloading. Many do. So, what else might they try? Limits on sales or maximums you can keep? I know, pointless restrictions but its all part of of their end game. A total ban on private firearm ownership. They havent even got to that here, though like the US, no shortage of misguided fools who want to see it.

In the previous case of Obama politics, Components were not available, they threw everything into the manufacturer's shopping carts to fill government contracts. We were limited to existing supply.

On this one, the rumor is, they are supposedly short of antimony to make bullets, we buy most of that from Russia and China. And, since Biden has all those meaningful relations in China, he can't secure any for the US. Obama era politics plain and simple.

·
Premium Member
10,429 Posts
yea i guess ol joe has to pay to keep them silent, with our money of course. excuse me, i mean the Chianese's money, we have no money only debt to them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Banned
769 Posts
Does it seem strange to anybody else that we are sending Billions to the same country that mr mash potato brain told to fire prosecutor to protect his son?
I guess all of the USA Intercités are fixed now and the 40 Billon was extra money, !!
how is the drinking water in Flint MI (
Though city officials now claim, after numerous tests have been completed, that the water is mostly safe after infrastructure upgrades, many residents continue to distrust tap water. )

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
The link does not mention M193. Think it is just the green tips, stuff that effects bullet proof vests. I might be reading the link wrong but I did not see all ammo, just 2 types. Comments?
I agree. That is what I read. But they should really be careful because they keep pushing the buttons and then there will be a massive explosion. Just like several food plants mysteriously burning up and cannot produce food anymore. Shutting off our ability to produce our own oil. Trying to make everyone buy electric cars that our power grid won't support. Making fuel so expensive that ordinary people have to budget for it like a house payment. Where is the end to all of this nonsense.

·
Registered
42 Posts
He plans to issue an executive order barring Lake City (supplier of about 30% of 5.56 ammo to American civilians) from selling on the civilian market.

Link

Paul B.
Lake City ammunition plant is gov't owned but civilian run, up to this point they have been allowed to sell ammunition that they manufacture that is beyond the government contract. This is what Joebama wishes to stop the sale of. It amounts to about 30% of the market.

·
Registered
46 Posts
They are trying to get a win so they can appeal to their base before mid term elections. If memory serves me correct they have all already talked about banning these type rounds in the past. So what they are doing is nothing new. It has also been said in the past that the 2nd amendment does not mention amuminuition. People can still have the right to bear arms but with no ammo they are useless. That case in court will be determined by which poticial view the judge has. Could be tied up in the courts for sometime.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
They are trying to get a win so they can appeal to their base before mid term elections. If memory serves me correct they have all already talked about banning these type rounds in the past. So what they are doing is nothing new. It has also been said in the past that the 2nd amendment does not mention amuminuition. People can still have the right to bear arms but with no ammo they are useless. That case in court will be determined by which poticial view the judge has. Could be tied up in the courts for sometime.
It effectively has been challenged in court through California's Magazine capacity ban, wherein rendering any magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds rendered many semi-auto handgun magazines illegal. Since there are no small capacity magazines available for many handguns in question, the law would render many handguns illegal to use. That would also be the case in denying the people ammunition.

The law was initially shot down by a lower court judge as a violation of the Second Amendment, appealed to the 9th Circuit where a 3 judge panel upheld the lower court ruling in 2020, appealed again to the 9th Circuit in San Francisco where it was overturned by a 7-4 vote in 2021. If memory serves me correctly, the 7 judges were predominantly, if not all, Obama appointees.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It effectively has been challenged in court through California's Magazine capacity ban, wherein rendering any magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds rendered many semi-auto handgun magazines illegal. Since there are no small capacity magazines available for many handguns in question, the law would render many handguns illegal to use. That would also be the case in denying the people ammunition.

The law was initially shot down by a lower court judge as a violation of the Second Amendment, appealed to the 9th Circuit where a 3 judge panel upheld the lower court ruling in 2020, appealed again to the 9th Circuit in San Francisco where it was overturned by a 7-4 vote in 2021. If memory serves me correctly, the 7 judges were predominantly, if not all, Obama appointees.
True. In this case you can agree that the m855 round was likely delevloped for only military use. It could be banned for civilians. It would not make the rifle unusable as the m903 round is still available for sale to civilians. This is not the case concerning a magazine capacity ban which left handguns or rifles unusable. So 2nd amendment rights are not hindered. There are just enough differences between the two issues that the courts could decide differently. One State out east have limited magazines loaded to only 10 rounds when off your private property. I believe this is Connecticut and they also have a registration process for high capacity magazines. This allows use but limited how many rounds were loaded.. This may have been turned over in higher courts so I may be off base here. Just my thoughts on the issue. As we never know how the courts are going to rule. Thanks for the info in your post.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Are you a psychic? My gun dealer just told me Winchester and ATK (Federal) just got the largest government contracts for ammo ever. Of course Government gets their ammo before anyone else. Is this a way to keep us civilians from getting ammo?
Hey! Somebody finally gets it!!
Put yourself in the position of running a large ammo company, like ATK, Winney, or Remington. Uncle says you can have a huge contract, guaranteed price, guaranteed profits, just don't use any spare equipment for civilian production. Then with this idea in mind, look at the current availability of ammo. 5.56, 7.62 Nato, 9x19, all available in quantity, sporting only rounds not being produced, because of the contracts. Results is exactly what any good Marxist government would want. Minimal ammo to the civilians, maximum to the government to use.
Obama did much the same thing. Huge contracts to government entities like Health and Human Services, Dept. of Education, etc. for millions upon millions of rounds. I thought at the time will keep the companies intact for government use, but produce very little for the civilian market. Just seeing more of the same.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts