Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Still waiting on my check. I'll most likely spend mine on food, car insurance, clothing. That is if it ever gets here :(

·
Premium Member
4,803 Posts
My college kids got stimulus checks. They pay little in taxes. The wife and I, due to our combined income, did not, but we are taxed rather heavily.
Wealth redistribution?
Anyhow, if you get a check, invest in firearms and ammo. This is what I told my kids.
Andrew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im looking for a Kimber Rapide Black Ice in 10mm.. Biden bucks ..almost the exact amount i needed. Must be a sign. :)
My Brother found one at a gun shop by his house. So i drove the 2 hrs yesterday to go buy it. Biden bucks spent...lol. Never shot a 10mm before, i imagine it will be a little "snappier"..than my 45s ?

·
Super Moderator
11,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes it will - it deserves the description "snappy". That's one of the reasons the FBI abandoned the round as the Feds couldn't shoot them properly. Then they came up with the 40 S&W (short and weak). Now most law enforcement is back to 9mm in spite of the fact the 10mm is a superior round ballistically.
Makes me wonder about their training.

Reactions: flatsneck

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yes it will - it deserves the description "snappy". That's one of the reasons the FBI abandoned the round as the Feds couldn't shoot them properly. Then they came up with the 40 S&W (short and weak). Now most law enforcement is back to 9mm in spite of the fact the 10mm is a superior round ballistically.
Makes me wonder about their training.
Hey, don't sell the 40s&w short (pun intended), it's the modern version of the 40/38 (38/40)! :p

·
Super Moderator
9,297 Posts
My Brother found one at a gun shop by his house. So i drove the 2 hrs yesterday to go buy it. Biden bucks spent...lol. Never shot a 10mm before, i imagine it will be a little "snappier"..than my 45s ?
Great way to use the Gubberment stimulus check. BTW--10mm is not a whole lot snappier than 45ACP Military ball ammo. Make sure you get more magazines for the 10mm.

Reactions: YelloKW

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
1911 10mms at least the Ruger and Delta Elite, run just fine on standard 45 ACP mags. Instead of the high dollar 10mm mags, you can run military surplus 45 mags on the cheap if you want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im looking for a Kimber Rapide Black Ice in 10mm.. Biden bucks ..almost the exact amount i needed. Must be a sign. :)
Hope you find one. Got lucky and stumbled across mine because it was in the back and the guy at the counter didn’t know what it was. Seen them go on gun broker for $2500. My co worker missed one at Scheels and then bought the next one they got in.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
My college kids got stimulus checks. They pay little in taxes. The wife and I, due to our combined income, did not, but we are taxed rather heavily.
Wealth redistribution?
Anyhow, if you get a check, invest in firearms and ammo. This is what I told my kids.
Andrew
Words of wisdom, Andrew.

I picked up a Smith model 29 - no stimulus check, but it was a must buy situation IMHO.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts