Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
I don’t want to get into an argument but moderate, reasonable Democrats have gone the way of the dinosaurs. There may be one or two in the entire Congress, but they are too afraid and don’t have the backbone to stand up to the lunatic leftist fringe( that are now mainstream Democrats). We don’t even have all the Republicans on the right side of the arguments.

·
Registered
7 Posts
... Along with 13 page Form that Asks for Fingerprints and Photograph

During the 2020 campaign, Joe Biden announced he will force gun owners of “assault weapons” to either sell their weapons to the government or register them under the National Firearms Act. According to Joe Biden’s plan in order to register a firearm, you have to fill out a complicated 13-page application form and include a $200 gun tax for each firearm you own. ...- Jim Hoft

Read more: Biden Proposes $200 Gun Tax and Firearm Buyback Program Along with 13 page Form that Asks for Fingerprints and Photograph (thegatewaypundit.com)

Application to Make and Register a Firearm (08/31/2022): Application to Make and Register a Firearm (atf.gov)
Being as since he is not really the president he can tak that and shove it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Being as since he is not really the president he can tak that and shove it
They are going full bore before they loose the momentum of their election steal. Taking advantage of the chaos of the NRA and the labeling of conservative gun owners as Domestic Terrorists. I told you folks that the gun grab was next on the agenda. I knew that they need to eliminate or cut ownership severely in order to carry out full unconstitutional tyranny. What should be occurring is that media should be crying that at a time if supposedly trying to unite the country this is far frm doing that especially in the midst of a pandemic and economic hardship for all Americans. This kind of frivolous taxation for nothing on people that are already short on cash is appalling.
Amen brother, We must get off our butts and tell the washington derelicts to pack sand. They are going to try to disarm the law abiding american just as stalin and hitler did, I believe there is going to be a revolution in this country as they are going to push us to the brink................. We have to rely on God to give us direction and wisdom during these times

·
Administrator
27,426 Posts
It would be irresponsible of me to sell back any firearm(I never bought from in 1st place) to the inept U.S. government that cannot fiscally keep it’s own affairs in order. And a $200 tax stamp per “black” rifle plus $200 stamp per standard capacity mag and unconstitutionally adding said items to a registry Well.... I say none of the above I have paid my share in taxes and no need to worry about what I might or might not have I’m not a criminal and making me and others like me a criminal probably not gonna work out to good. Besides I no longer have the receipts to visit the “Returns” desk .
Response to highlighted red font: Therein lies the rub, a criminal rogue administration imposing us law abiding citizens as if WE have criminal intent!

The Washington Cartel amounts to some 535 criminals, they best think twice making some 50 million+ law abiding gun owners... criminals.

Jack

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
anybody who thinks they're going to NFA these rifles...can seriously go anatomically impossible act themselves.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Response to highlighted red font: Therein lies the rub, a criminal rogue administration imposing us law abiding citizens as if WE have criminal intent!

The Washington Cartel amounts to some 535 criminals, they best think twice making some 50 million+ law abiding gun owners... criminals.

Jack
If I am made a criminal by fiat, it won't take me long to graduate to actual criminal. That's what these people need to figure out.

I came in this world naked and screaming, I may go out the same way.

·
Registered
519 Posts
... Along with 13 page Form that Asks for Fingerprints and Photograph

During the 2020 campaign, Joe Biden announced he will force gun owners of “assault weapons” to either sell their weapons to the government or register them under the National Firearms Act. According to Joe Biden’s plan in order to register a firearm, you have to fill out a complicated 13-page application form and include a $200 gun tax for each firearm you own. ...- Jim Hoft

Read more: Biden Proposes $200 Gun Tax and Firearm Buyback Program Along with 13 page Form that Asks for Fingerprints and Photograph (thegatewaypundit.com)

Application to Make and Register a Firearm (08/31/2022): Application to Make and Register a Firearm (atf.gov)
Keyword is "PROPOSES", you can propose anything you want. Doesn't mean you are going to get it. I don't even know why a newly elected President has to take the, oath of office. Since when they state they will defend the Constitution, they don't mean it. Because if they did they would defend all, not part, of the Constitution. Most don't care about the 2nd and would like to limit the 1st. Yeah, so that they can limit what you say about them / government. Hopefully, many of these liberals will get voted out in 2 years, and hopefully people will see them for what they are.

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Every congressman is sent to D.C. by their respective state legislatures. Start local and work up to the state level, let your state representatives know what you expect from them.
The federal government derives its power from the individual states.
R/Griff
With the lynchings?

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Every congressman is sent to D.C. by their respective state legislatures. Start local and work up to the state level, let your state representatives know what you expect from them.
The federal government derives its power from the individual states.
R/Griff
Oh! You meant the HORSE WHIPPIN'S!

·
Registered
322 Posts
The part that worries me is that the supreme court has already upheld in two cases that Congress has the right to tax whatever they see fit. The NFA was successfully argued before the supreme court that the $200 was a tax aimed at collecting additional funds... The individual mandate and its penalty was successfully argued as not being a penalty but a tax...

The question that is for the Judicial is if this "tax" on popular firearms in common use acts as a significant infringement on the people's right to bear arms. Does it adversely effect the ability of poor people to exercise their right to self defense or are their other choices readily available not covered by this new tax which allows them to continue to exercise their rights? I used to have hope that with conservatives in the majority of the Supreme Court that we would be safe from over arching government restrictions on our right to bear arms. Unfortunately the past couple of cases that have gone before the court on other issues where I thought were a conservative slam dunk... let's just say that the democrat screaming and gnashing of teeth over the last 3 nominations to the court were unfounded.... have led me to question if the Supreme Court would actually take the as written intrepetation of the 2nd Amendment (shall not be infringed) or if they would look at the text as conceptual under the color of politically motivated interpretation of what the founding fathers actually could foresee (i.e. muskets and muzzleloaders)?

See this video for the interpretation question.

(239) The 2nd Amendment: Liberal Edition - YouTube

·
Super Moderator
9,026 Posts
A gun buy back program using my taxes is an illegal use of the Taxpayers money. So-----let me get this straight---- they are using our tax money to buy back guns we bought with our own money at severely reduced market value for those guns. Seems like a real Shyster Deal to me if I ever heard one !

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
764 Posts
I would gladly sell my bullets to Biden. Delivered one-by-one out of the barrel of my gun. (That'll probably get me a call from the Secret Police.) LOL!!

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
People need to relax. This stuff they are proposing are far left wacko wet dreams. There will be no 200.00 registration, nor no buy back. These proposed bills will go no where. There are still enough moderate Dems, especially from the South and Midwest, that will simply not go along with the extreme wacky far left..Both Houses of congress are near split even..Making it impossible for anything huge to make it through. Just not enough far left wackos to push any heavy stuff through.

Biden does not have the power to unilaterally do anything. I am sure he knows that and just talks big to the ignorant base who believes he does.

I believe the Republicans will take back the Senate and the House in the Midterms.. And they will take back the WH in 2024 too.

SCOTUS is much friendly now than it ever has been in recent years also. They usually avoid hearing 2nd Amendment Cases. But I think that was because they had too many antis on the Court as recent as 3 months ago..Not the case so much now.

·
Super Moderator
9,026 Posts
.... tell that to the 11,000 Keystone Pipeline workers he just put out of work.
Well for one---Biden was installed and it was done quite arrogantly with the Looney Liberals in swing States cheating on election rules and all media and big tech supporting that effort. Then there is suppression of the conservatives voice in public forums being done with no Dem raising any complaints about 1st A rights. Then you have Looney Dems (many in our Congress) saying that Trump supporters and any of his previous staff who worked for him are "Domestic Terrorists" and need to be "De-programmed" with nobody making a stand against that. In fact it is so bad the Left is saying to fire Trump supporters and not to hire them which is pure discrimination on a level way worst than racial discrimination (because it is directed against Taxpaying Citizens). Then we have a rogue FBI, CIA,NSA,IRS,and Joint Chief Of Staffs in DC who have infiltrated key gatekeeper positions in Gubberment and are very well poised to obstruct anything they don't like done for the American people with no checks and balances working to stop that (we witnissed 4 yrs of it). I could add more but I'd say that "WE SHOULD NOT RELAX" or next thing you know you are waking up to weaponized police state enforcers knocking on your door to confiscate your firearms and taxes on your private property so high you can't afford to pay it (That is how Commies take your land---they force you to give it up yourself).
This is serious stuff and these guys are playing for keeps ! (look at what they did and who they crucified in the last 4 yrs based on blatant lies in the Russia collusion case)----it's not just a respectful disagreement of ideas in which they respect your opinions and beliefs (Like it should be in a free Republic).

41 - 60 of 74 Posts