Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... Along with 13 page Form that Asks for Fingerprints and Photograph

During the 2020 campaign, Joe Biden announced he will force gun owners of “assault weapons” to either sell their weapons to the government or register them under the National Firearms Act. According to Joe Biden’s plan in order to register a firearm, you have to fill out a complicated 13-page application form and include a $200 gun tax for each firearm you own. ...- Jim Hoft

Read more: Biden Proposes $200 Gun Tax and Firearm Buyback Program Along with 13 page Form that Asks for Fingerprints and Photograph (thegatewaypundit.com)

Application to Make and Register a Firearm (08/31/2022): Application to Make and Register a Firearm (atf.gov)

·
Registered
182 Posts
The Application is actually only 3 pages long. Then there's several pages of stupidity explaining the stupidity contained therein, then it becomes redundant and wants 3 - 4 more copies of the same form. All of which is an asinine attempt to create a gun registry, which is unconstitutional. Not that Democrats care anything about anything contained in the constitution. The fact that they call it a buy-back program might be enough to have their case thrown out of court to begin with, because you cannot "buy back" that which you have never owned. And mine aren't for sale! PERIOD!!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
One of my biggest concerns would be lumping ALL semiautomatic rifles into that category and the banning of all internet sales of guns, gun parts and ammo. Don't like the other stuff either, just saying.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Internet gun sales are another Democrat fallacy... There are 2 kinds of gun sales in this world.

1.) Licensed FFL Gun Sales
2.) Private Party Sales

You cannot have a gun shipped to your home,legally, unless you possess an FFL License. It has to be shipped to a Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer. It is therefore a Licensed FFL sale.

If you find a gun on the internet and call the guy up, and y'all meet at the Sporting Goods Store at whatever location, you go to his house, he comes to your house, whatever... That is a Private Transaction.

Same thing with the supposed Gun Show Loophole. If you're an FFL, you are still required to do the paperwork and call for background check at the gun show. If you're dealing with an individual, it's a private transaction.

We all need to make a point of arguing the minor bit of fact, in every conversation any of these are tossed about, so EVERYONE understands, the Democrats practicing their usual rectal recitation. Nail 'em to the cross every chance you get.

·
Administrator
27,470 Posts
One of my biggest concerns would be lumping ALL semiautomatic rifles into that category and the banning of all internet sales of guns, gun parts and ammo. Don't like the other stuff either, just saying.

I share your concerns. I recently cancelled an order for a 6.8SPC upper. Main reason is, if I don't comply, it would jeopardize my FFL for manufacturing bullets. Not worth it to me but I may be out of biz regardless. From what I understand, this will include semi-auto handguns. What was unclear is the magazine capacity limit. As it is I'm restricted to a 10 round magazines. I heard that china Joe said magazines of 10 rounds or more. I don't know if that is true but it wouldn't surprise me if he'd put the number starting at 10!

I have plenty of firearms that are exempt from the draconian semi-auto gun-control.

Of course, this is unconstitutional so we'll see where it lands. Right now, my confidence is in the gutter with our judicial.

Jack

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
"But, but, but, I didn't think he would go after our guns just because he said he would during the campaign!", Said the millions of Democrat gun owners that voted for him.

If I remember correctly, the same ones said pretty much the same thing about losing their health care providers and watching the cost of health care go up dramatically after they voted for Obama.

"You can lead a horse to water, but he's still a Democrat." Well, maybe I mixed up that old saying a bit but you get the idea.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Mnay years ago I owned and shot self loading rifles here in the UK. What I saw happen over here was the antis used shooting incidents as a springboard to push for more restrictive legislation. The self loading rifle ban here followed a mass shooting in our west country and the handgun ban followed a worse one, in Scotland.

I dont need to tell you these bans did not reduce gun crime at all. However, the antis dont need logic and common sense on their side. They just want to restrict or eliminate gun ownership. I see the incident on your Capital as a potential springboard the antis will use. I think those who attacked the capital issued a golden ticket to those who would restrict or ban ownership of firearms. You dont need to tell me there is no connecton, but be sure they will try.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Why is this news?
It's been posted on the Dem and Biden for months.
And that's why the American People did NOT vote them into office!

But they have been installed, and they are in "control."
This will be passed as law.

Fortunately, the original law trumps this nonsense:
"the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
amazing how these worthless, slimy, lying, stealing, corrupt, no good, brown nosing, trashy slugs, will "buy back" your possessions you worked and sweated to have as if you bought it from there sorry butts in the first place! that sounds just like political logic and justification these worms will use to try to make you feel good while they rape you!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Ok. Then allow for all those $200 Tax Stamped registered weapons to be converted to FULL AUTO and/or short barrel config. The way I see it is if they want to play that game, then play by the rules. If you are going to make people go through the machine gun process...then you must allow them the full privileges of their compliance.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I read a couple of additional gun bills being proposed outlawing leaving a weapon on your bedstand (it would need to be stored in a govt approved container.....notice the 'govt approved'???) and making it illegal to pass weapons on to relatives.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
I read a couple of additional gun bills being proposed outlawing leaving a weapon on your bedstand (it would need to be stored in a govt approved container.....notice the 'govt approved'???) and making it illegal to pass weapons on to relatives.
yea right! let them come in my house to see what i have lurking around my bed, they just might find it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
7,962 Posts
penalty is ten yrs in federal prison and 10K in fines....................... How much time for killing someone? they had better watch what they wish for.........

·
Super Moderator
9,077 Posts
They are going full bore before they loose the momentum of their election steal. Taking advantage of the chaos of the NRA and the labeling of conservative gun owners as Domestic Terrorists. I told you folks that the gun grab was next on the agenda. I knew that they need to eliminate or cut ownership severely in order to carry out full unconstitutional tyranny. What should be occurring is that media should be crying that at a time if supposedly trying to unite the country this is far frm doing that especially in the midst of a pandemic and economic hardship for all Americans. This kind of frivolous taxation for nothing on people that are already short on cash is appalling.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts