Marlin Firearms Forum banner
101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Took my dirt bike for a quick ride, rain coming in this morning, and from the look of the clouds coming, iam turning around and heading back to the swamp.
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape People in nature
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Finally since I got my new bike, it's really rideable!!!! Took it back to the bike shop, after I put the 3rd derailleur on this bike, and wasn't happy with it. Dropped it off at the shop, they called me said it was all set, picked it up, came back to the swamp. Jumped on the bike, the gears were jumping all over the place. Loaded the bike back up, back to the shop, told them RIDE IT. Don't just spin the crank in the bike vice. RIDE IT !! , they apologize took my bike.
I get a text message my bike is all set, no charge, they installed a new index shifter and cable on the handlebar , and readjusted everything. It's finally the way it should be.
my new peddles came in this afternoon too.
Automotive tire Camera lens Reflex camera Camera accessory Audio equipment
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel
Rectangle Font Material property Packaging and labeling Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 · (Edited)
Going to hit the bike trail early tomorrow morning, ,it's going to get hot close to 90.
Had to go to 3 different stores to buy a metric Allen key wrench, to carry on my bike.
Tractor supply let me down, Curtis lumber, let me down, finally Agway had one.

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Did a quick 8 miles on the bike trail, was a nice morning, but I have to play bus driver today. Started out bear hunting again, then down to the big horse farm, took a picture of the small train mail pickup building
Down there you have to ride on crushed stone
Sky Plant Tree Leaf Road surface
Plant Building Natural landscape Tree Botany
Wood Plant Musical instrument Drinkware Flooring
Plant Natural landscape Tree Land lot Asphalt
Plant Tree Water Natural landscape Land lot
Sky Tree Fence Shade Plant
Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Plant

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 · (Edited)
Don't know where to start, I canceled a bus run for this afternoon, iam getting burned out.
The sun came out, I loaded up my bike, and my truck lead the way a Cross the river ,to the .Mohawk / Erie Canal bike trail. It's to long a truck run, to make this a weekly trip, but I will be back, for fall foliage ride for sure. I made it pasted my original destination, the lock 7 boat launch, still no dock.
Anyway I road a good ways, climbed a big hill, and took a break, took some pictures, and my phone goes off, an email from a woman, I contacted about a bike she had for sale, we were supposed to meet on Wednesday, but she said she was home now, if I wanted to see this bike. I told her I was on the .mohawk bike trail, and a long ways from my truck, I told her iam going to head back to my truck, and I would call her then, and if it wasn't to late, then she could
Give me an address to see the bike. So she says the bike is at her boyfriend s place in Scotia, I told her iam half way there now, she said give her 30 minutes and she will .meat me there. So I buy this bike, it needs a lot of love, but you can't beat the price, $145.00 for a $700.00 bike.
So I got a great bike ride in, plus a new bike, all in the same afternoon.
And I have to say a lot more people use this trail
Than on my side of the river.
Leaving this trail head, I had to ride straight into the winds coming inland off the Great Lakes.
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle
Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape Vegetation
Plant Plant community Leaf Botany Natural environment
Plant Property Plant community Nature Botany
Plant Cloud Sky Water resources Infrastructure
Plant Plant community Tree Shade Natural landscape
Plant Tree Natural landscape Split-rail fence Land lot

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
More from today's ride into the Gale force winds off the Great Lakes, you can see all these leaves being turned inside out from these winds and small craft warnings off the great lakes.
Water Plant Fence Road surface Land lot
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant
Plant community Nature Picture frame Wood Vegetation
Newspaper Font Wood News Publication
Plant community Ecoregion World Map Green
Plant Tree Fruit tree Shrub Produce
Water Plant Flower Plant community Sky

·
Registered
21,088 Posts
Well at least somebody around here is burning up some calories! Question on that bike you just picked up...(great price by the way)... was the "boyfriend" around or did she sell it "for" him? 😀 Heard of too many stories where a girlfriend/wife/ex will sell off stuff just to get at their (in)significant other! Hmmmm.......

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Plant community Plant Vegetation Grass Fawn
Plant Plant community Leaf Vegetation Terrestrial plant
Sky Cloud Plant Tree House
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Asphalt
Sky Cloud Plant Building Window
Plant Building Window Tree Natural landscape
He was there met them bought, he got a new bike, very nice couple.
Took a detour this morning off the bike trail ,took the main road true North Chatham, many very old houses, the people keep them original, just give them a coat of paint.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Plant Cloud

101 - 120 of 139 Posts