Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@no primers That looks like a nice trail! That looks like a phone holder on the handle bar. How do like it. I need one as right now I strap it to my arm. Do use a program to track speed, mileage etc?

Have a good ride.

Padraig
I use it, but the gps on the phone doesn't recognize the bike trail, it shows me off in ,never never land. ,I have a small bike speed o ,that gives me time, mph, avg, and total miles, have 114 miles on my new bike, almost time to rotate the tires.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Downloaded a app GPS, for cycling, maybe get to try it out Friday morning will see.
Got my bike all cleaned up ready for next trip.

Reactions: Padraig

·
Registered
551 Posts
As promised...A picture of my Trek road bike. As a bonus I have included a pic of my riding companion.

Padraig View attachment 885849
View attachment 885848
I like that bag. I carry in a holster but that's a nice option, especially when my next wreck happens. What is it and where'd you get it?
Here's my rig. Ride between 15 to 30 miles a day depending if I go home for lunch or not. Got about 40 some thousand miles on this one.
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I like that bag. I carry in a holster but that's a nice option, especially when my next wreck happens. What is it and where'd you get it?
Here's my rig. Ride between 15 to 30 miles a day depending if I go home for lunch or not. Got about 40 some thousand miles on this one.
View attachment 886012
That's some serious miles
Thanks for posting

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just took my water bottle of my bike, and put it in the refrigerator, so when I start out tomorrow it will be cold water, not just water.
Tomarrow is going to be a HOT Day mid 80's
Want to hit the trail EARLY, beat the heat.
The low temp tonight 63,
You guys drink water, or some kind of sport drink. ?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I used to love to ride it's a great way to see the world around us
Bad knees, hips and Back no more for me but PLEASE hit the trails for me and post photos
Will try, got my bike loaded on the truck, can't wait to explore a new section of this, Electric train trail.
Thanks for your post!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Had a Doctors appointment yesterday, and I was waiting for the nurse to have me step on the scales, but she didn't, the doctor loves to tell me I'm maintaining my weight, and I told him it don't want to maintain my weight, I want to loose some weight. Since my last physical I know I've dropped maybe 10 lbs. He told me at my last physical cut out the sugar and I have, and watch your carbs. Well you can't do that plus exercise and pump weights and maintain your weight. So I was ready to here him yell at me. But they never took my weight, darn it.
So I have to wait till Sept. My next appointment.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Just did a Nineteen mile bike ride to Nivervill, didn't know I had to take a dirt trail, but it was nice, went by a huge horse farm, and
Plant Property Nature Wood Land lot
Building Wood Tree Land lot Cottage
Kinderhook lake, lots of memories for me down there. Got some pictures, this guy's place is just across from the parking lot, trailhead.
And this old lumber yard, was were my dad purchased, alot of his lumber.
Plant Road surface Natural landscape Asphalt Tree
Plant Sky Window Building Tree
Plant Green Bicycle tire Grass Map
Plant Sky Ecoregion Natural landscape Tree

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
And more pictures Niverville is where the barber shop my Dad took me to for my first haircut, I can remember that like yesterday, I cried and screamed ,
Plant Green Bicycle tire Grass Map
Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame Tire
Ecoregion World Botany Nature Map
Ecoregion Plant Natural landscape Font Line
Photograph Ecoregion Nature Human Organism
Organism Font Tree Adaptation Advertising

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Lots of memories along this trail for me
Kinderhook lake is where me and my dad did a lot of fishing together, where we sat side by side and rowed the boat together, around the lake, now it's a private lake ,no public access, sad !
Sorry for so many pictures, it's a long ride.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts