Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, what is the best spotting scope for under $200.00?? I know it's on the cheap side, but there are so many out there. I want to be able to see up to 200 yds (bullet holes) clearly. I mostly shoot at a hundred, and I understand there are a lot of cheap scopes that will work at that range. I would just like to get the best bang for my buck here and thought you all would be able to funnel it down with all the expertise out there.

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
It is, depending on what kinda bullets you are shooting. ;D I have never had a problem but have only used my 30-30 and 45-70 at that range with the Redfield. I also have used those Shoot-N-C targets by Birchwood casey and can see my .22LR and .17HMR rounds no problem at 100 yards.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Ah, good to know, this thread just reminded me that I need a spotting scope. Do you know where your scope was made, CKB, China? I assume all the US-made ones cost like $1000 :p

·
Registered
461 Posts
miatakix said:
Ah, good to know, this thread just reminded me that I need a spotting scope. Do you know where your scope was made, CKB, China? I assume all the US-made ones cost like $1000 :p
Yes sir, made in China to Redfield/Leupold specs. It really is a nice scope for the money.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Thank you, right, probably the best I can do with my budget.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CBK, really appreciate the Redfield scope information. I just got a Midway flyer advertising the Barska Blackhawk ED for $219.00. Considerably reduced price. Do you know anything about this scope or comparison. I know Leupold makes really good optical products, albiet, in China as the price would indicate.
thanks

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes, it is the Rampage model. I'm pretty sure they only have the one. I'm sorry but I don't have any info about the Barska. I got the same flyer and saw that as well. For me it just came down to the fact that I could get the Rampage locally and Leupold/Redfield is about 1 1/2 hours from my house. Great folks to deal with and it is just where I wanted to put my money. Good luck in your choice.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I have a Konuspot-80. 20-60X. I think I paid slightly over $200.00 for it a couple of years ago. Wayyyy better than the Cabela's $500.00 model, whichever it was (I sold that one after getting the Konus). I also have two Konus 4X fixed scopes, in the $60.00 range, and I'll say they are better than you expect them to be for their price. No Leupolds, but definitely not crap!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts