Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. I have a crack in my 1970 Marlin .444 stock close the the tang. Is there anywhere that sells a replacement stock with the butt pad already attached?

Thanks

Lou

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
It will be very hard to find a buttstock with the high comb and monte Carlo style. Later model buttstocks can be used.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
We also have Repair How to's in Reference Library from the experts ..

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you get an unfinished stock, a grind to fit recoil pad is really easy to put on. Just bolt it to the stock, fire up a belt sander, and go to town. There is no worry about scratching the finish!! ;D

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
lsmith52 said:
Title says it all. I have a crack in my 1970 Marlin .444 stock close the the tang. Is there anywhere that sells a replacement stock with the butt pad already attached?

Thanks

Lou
You probably aren't going to find one to match. On my 1966 336 RC, I had a similar crack at the tang. It was there for years and I finally decided to repair it and refinish the stock. I fixed the crack with carpenter's glue and some sandings from the stock, then I refinished the stock and forearm with tru-oil. Not perfect, but it looks OK and the crack has been repaired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts