Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have a Nikon Buckmasters 3-9X40 for mine, works well for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is basically a 100 yd. rifle so high magnification isn't really needed. I put a Simmons 1.5 X 5 shotgun scope on one of mine and it's more than good enough for the rifle. Mine will shoot under 5" groups @ 200 yds., the drop is about 14.5", not recommended unless one's used to holdover.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You have a lot of selections of scope manufacturers. What are ya looking for? Something where you keep BOTH EYES open with a "Red Dot" and close up or distance won't make any difference? You have Bushnell, ATN, Mueller, Weaver, Tru-Glo and other good ones. Just don't get the "multi-reticles" as the POI will change with each reticle change. I have a Bushnell Trophy on a Remington 870 that's been very good. OR, something in a single power of 2 or 4 you have Leupold, Bushnell, Weaver, older used scopes like Weaver's "K" series, or a scope in 1-5x28, 2-7x33, 3-9x40 you have many choices in Leupold, Weaver, Bushnell, Redfield, Simmons, Mueller, Burris and most other scope makers. On my 30-30 I have a Burris 3-9x40 FullfieldII and on my 1894(44Mag) I'm using a Redfield 2-7x33. Also lots of people now use the shotgun scopes out there and they work very well.
Del

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
I use the same type scope for my .44 mag as I do with the 45-70, it's a Leupold VX3 1.5-5 x 20mm. Its a nice scope, has clear glass and is easy to set up and use. I use the same style of scope because when I am 'out there' I won't be fidgeting with the scope because it's different to the other lever.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
I really like the new Redfield 2 - 7 X 33 scopes, and you just can't beat the price and the warranty on them.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have a Leupold VX-1 2x7 on my 1894c. This is the first Leupold I have owned and the clarity comparison between it and the Bushnells and Simmons I have on other guns is noticably better. For $200, I think the VX-1 or Rifleman line with their lifetime warranty is worth the extra cost from the lower end scopes and I like the trim profile of the Leupold too...doesn't "over power" the slim contours of the 1894c.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
All my scopes are 3 x 9 or similar. This offers flexibility. If magnification is not necessary just use the lower settings. I can move these scope from leverguns to bolt actions if desired. I use Leopold, Redfield, NIKON, and. Simmons. I also had a 75 vintage Redfield 6X but loaned it to a "friend" but he never returned it. Needless to say, I no longer speak to the man. All are good but I like the "portability" of the 3 x 9 scope.

Papalote

·
Registered
830 Posts
dipper said:
Yep, Weaver Classic V-Series Rifle Scope 1-3x 20mm. That's what I have on mine and all the scope you need.
That is the same scope I am using on my '94. For the cost, I am satisfied with the scope.

A Leupold VXII 1X4, IMO, would be a little nicer.

Corbi

·
Registered
398 Posts
Weaver Classic-k 4x38 with a 93b base and weaver detachable top mount rings. You'll have the lowest mounted scope with this setup.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Weaver 1.5K fixed power.
Usually goes on the 44 Mag for hunting season, but it's on the 357 right now.
CF

·
Registered
204 Posts
They quit making the K2.5 fixed otherwise I'd call that out for Weaver. Here's an 1894 with the K2.5 mounted and an 1895G with the V3 mounted.

I'm several years into those Weavers...good stuff.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys. I might go with the V3. I love the 2-7x32 Monarch I put on my 336c but want to keep it small on my 1894. Just got to settle on mounts.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm not sure how to do a search for previous threads on this site, but awhile ago I asked for help in identifing a set of mounts that came with a 1894c I bought. I posted photos of my gun/scope/mount combo in this forum and one of the poster replies told me it was a Dean Nutz style mount...it is the best set up for this type of gun I have ever seen. You might try to find my old thread and look at the photos...it may be just what you are looking for.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i wish weaver still made there Tip off mounts, i had one years ago and let it get away. if you can find one there real nice. but if you use a low power scope then you really don't need one.

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
The shotgun scope is a very good setup, they come up fast and the eye relief helps keep the scope forward out of the way of the hammer. Short and light wgt they just balance the 1894s well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts