Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well how about it? The best group I shot with my 25mn,factory sights,measured right at 2" ctc with my dial calipers,off a rest,with Win 40 gr HP super-x ammo.I am pretty happy with the results considering the sight picture wasn't the greatest with the stock sights.What are you guy's that shoot the Mag with open sights doing at 100 yds,so I can see how much more practice I need to tighten the groups up a little.

P.S.... This 25mn is a great gun for the money,I've had it for awhile and it continues to impress me,not many other guns I have keep my interest like this one has.

Sprest22

·
Registered
243 Posts
7" with my Taurus/Rossi pump .
You can push the front sight side to side with only finger pressure.
Been thinking of having it welded in place and getting one of their new tang sights for it & trying again.
Jim.e

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, 2" groups at 100 yds with open sights! If you indeed shot this well, and I will assume you did, you have no need to worry about practicing. I can't make out a two inch circle at 100 yds even with my glasses. You should take this rifle to the "Shawnee squirrel hunt" and enter the open sights contest...we're looking for someone who can dethrown last years champ.(Sarge) LOL

Good Day and Happy Shooting

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rustynut, I'm pretty damn amazed at this target!I was shooting my 22Hornet and 22Mag at the range and shot about 1 1/4" with handloads and a scope with the hornet.I've got 8 rounds left out of this lot # of ammo and don't want to shoot them now!!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Any group I shoot at 100 yards with open sights is as much a test of vision with these old eyes as anything else. :) I'd say, though, that you're approaching the max potential with open sights at that distance when you're getting 2" groups. That is excellent shooting.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Very fine shooting with irons! :congrats:

·
Banned
2,157 Posts
Dang.....I wonder what the last 9+ years of practice have done for the OP?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts