Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know most of you are revolver guys but do any of you know how much a used beretta 92fs should sell for ?
i have one like new with box/papers/lock
i took it to a gun show asking $450 planning to get $400 and i was getting offers for $275-$325 :-\

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Brand new, they're running just over $550.00. $400 is probably a fair price for a very clean used one and you may get that if you find the right buyer.

You have to realize, the dealers at the shows are going to offer less so they have room to make a profit once they turn it around. A sale to a private party will be necessary to get top dollar. Post it here in the Classified Section and see what interest you get.

Roe

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt think about dealers having to re-sell it. duh... ::)
i'll think about posting it here but don't realy want to ship it.
i want to sell it because i just got a S&W 586 and it has converted me to revolvers for life ;D

thank for the help roe ;)

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
336-4-LIFE said:
i want to sell it because i just got a S&W 586 and it has converted me to revolvers for life ;D
If any revolver could do it, the 586/686's would be the ones!

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I believe I paid $375 for mine used a few years back. You'll never get decent money for anything thru a dealer. Better off selling it here or on an auction even with the shipping BS.
That said I'm keeping mine. Its not my favorite by a long shot, but it does what it does with great reliability & for me decent accuracy. I like revolvers too but I havent found one I can stuff 16 rounds into yet. :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you don't need the money right now, hold on to it. It is a quality gun and will appreciate better than most investments.
Andy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
andylate said:
If you don't need the money right now, hold on to it. It is a quality gun and will appreciate better than most investments.
Andy
if i sell it, the money i get would go towards a .22lr rifle because i dont have one yet

·
Registered
426 Posts
336-4-life
Thought I would throw in my 2 cents. $400 for a berreta 92f is a fair price but a selling price would be around the $350 mark. If you have any goodies that will go with the gun like extra mags, holster, ect... Then $400 might be a selling price to a private partie. In my experience, buying a sig p226, from a friend for $500 I baulked at the price until he used the magic words ammo, extra mags and holster included. WELL how could I pass that up. Even Papajohn sold me something after using those magic words price x with holster and mags included. The point I guess is find a private buyer Talk the pistol up and throw in some goodies and you will get the $400 your asking for, if not then almost no private buyer will baulk at a $350 dollar price point for your Berreta 92f. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mushernut said:
336-4-life
Thought I would throw in my 2 cents. $400 for a berreta 92f is a fair price but a selling price would be around the $350 mark. If you have any goodies that will go with the gun like extra mags, holster, ect... Then $400 might be a selling price to a private partie. In my experience, buying a sig p226, from a friend for $500 I baulked at the price until he used the magic words ammo, extra mags and holster included. WELL how could I pass that up. Even Papajohn sold me something after using those magic words price x with holster and mags included. The point I guess is find a private buyer Talk the pistol up and throw in some goodies and you will get the $400 your asking for, if not then almost no private buyer will baulk at a $350 dollar price point for your Berreta 92f. ;D ;D ;D
thanks for throwing in your 2 cents ;D
that $400 price was with box, papers, lock, 2 mags, extra set of hogue grips, and holster.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I'd just hang on to that Beretta. Other thing is that used Police pistols are frequently offered for $350-$375 or so, and market gets flooded with decent used Berettas.

·
Premium Member
18,033 Posts
mushernut said:
Even Papajohn sold me something after using those magic words price x with holster and mags included.
You only got that deal because I don't like 9mm's. :D

But yeah, we were both happy with the way it went. I only kept the ammo because it wouldn't fit in the box.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Papajohn I thought you shot up all that 9mm ammo before you shipped.
Also I was providing perspective from my view a good deal is a fair deal with a few little extras thrown in
Oh and yes that deal you gave me was actually a great deal thank you once more

·
Premium Member
18,033 Posts
mushernut said:
Papajohn I thought you shot up all that 9mm ammo before you shipped.
Actually, I only shot up one box, and gifted another to a buddy with a new toy. I still have a few more.........just in case. But thank you for the kind words. We were both happy with the deal. 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts