Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess the best benefit I can think of is that since there are SOOO many, maybe we'll catch them on the next trip.Too many to haul away in just one load.If the poor guy is walking,he'd probably stick around for a couple of hours trying to decide which to take. That is if he could get through the triple dead bolts in the steel doors,or the bars on the windows or the chainlink in the walls and ceiling.The weakest part is the floor.Only 2 1/2" plywood and hardwood flooring to overcome.Aside from that,, a piece of cake.
How about you?? SAFE??

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Hooweeeeee - I hope that's just one room built that way. From a firefighter's standpoint, a house built like that would be a nightmare! Hard as heck to get into and almost impossible to get out in an emergency. Might wanna give a key to your first due fire chief........

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
You been talking to my wife again? She thinks there's no advantage to having so many guns, so I guess I'll have to use this theory on her!
Shum8,
In addition to 4 concrete walls, safes, and an alarm system, I also have the basement gun room fitted with a sprinkler head! :D

·
Registered
719 Posts
my safe...............

i got tired of worrying about my modest collection......i just chained my sister to the safe, and i feed her only every~other day.....now if i can just keep her from pulling the safe around.......... :shock:

i really think we are all surpressed museum curators......

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'm not too worried about mine. I figure if I can't find a lot of it, neither could a crook. SW

G

·
My problem is I can't hang on to very many at any one time, always trading around. Last time I checked my records, going back 25 years, There have been WELL over 350 guns that have gone through my hands. And I'm not a dealer !!
No wonder my wife has called me a gun whore. :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Hey Nebr -
Sounds like you use the same filing system I do......I'll tell how bad I was several years ago - Before I decided I needed a safe, I stacked everything in a closet, and whenever we left town, I hid them over a suspended ceiling. Boy, a safe sure is easier to deal with......

Now that everybody has posted their pics on here, we should have every body post pics of their shops, and see who's is the messiest.

Shum8

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Shum8,

I'd post a pic of mine - if I could find it under the mess! :wink: I was setting some stuff aside to look for a 27S part I KNOW I have & it occured to me I keep moving certain junk around because I never use it. So I sold some of it on Gunboards. I found some Colt SAA parts I'd forgotten about & will advertise them somewhere - if I don't misplace 'em again.

I found some receipts that indicate a lot of my junk came from the SARCO grab-bag deals. I'm sure many of you remember those - "send us 20 - 30 - 50 dollars and we'll send you way more than that in misc. parts - our choice." They were a lot of fun, but in the end there just wasn't much in the way of usable stuff. I had a set of C&H 22 Oresky dies for a LONG time, but was able to trade them for something else I've never used.

Makes a lot of sense, don't it? :? I guess it's in the job description of 'gun nut'! :D SW

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
My problem is I can't pass up a great buy, if it's firearms related! Doesn't matter if I need it, or if I think someone I know might need it. Some of the stuff piles up, and on occasion I sell it when I do a reorganization of my gun/relaoding room.
I did this recently, and found a rare old sight for a Win. self loader. I had told a friend who knew I had it, that I must have sold it, because it was nowhere to be found! After searching in vain, I decided I must have sold it, and didn't remember.
I've got a bunch of stuff to sell after that last cleanup, but I've also got a bunch of neat stuff to stash away again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts