Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the benefits of getting older is that now I can help my kids spend their hard earned money.

Attached are a few pics of my eldest son and I down at the fishing camp last Friday 5-16-14.

I just assisted him in spending about 50K of his money on the pictured boat. Dang I'm kinda liking this :driver:

Slimed up his boat for the first time. This after him taking a couple trips without dad where he BLANKED!!

Took me ten minutes at the firsat spot to put the first 6 on ice. Then I drank a beer and let him catch up a bit and get back in the hunt.

Awesome weekend with my boy and I am really glad he still likes to hang out with his old man :)

Vehicle Boat Water transportation Speedboat Watercraft
Fish Fishing Recreational fishing Fish Jigging
Fish Seafood Fish

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gallo

The big one as magothy points out is a redfish. He went 18 lbs and was revived and let free to spawn some more.

The remainder are 30 nice sized speckled trout..... our preferred fish to catch and eat down here.

Location is the west bank of the Mississippi River in Plaquemines Parish La

·
Registered
682 Posts
Gallo

The big one as magothy points out is a redfish. He went 18 lbs and was revived and let free to spawn some more.

The remainder are 30 nice sized speckled trout..... our preferred fish to catch and eat down here.

Location is the west bank of the Mississippi River in Plaquemines Parish La
I've always wanted to get over that way and fish that area. You have a lot more Redfish and Trout than we have here in NW Florida. Our numbers are coming back with tighter regulations but we just don't have the habitat you have for them either. Congrats on spending some quality time with your son, hopefully my boys will still want to hang out with Dad when they move out some day!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looks like life is GOOD, enjoy!

Reactions: Catherine
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.