Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to look at this today, from what i remember its NOT the damasks steel, its in good shape, and i do remember it has a gorgeous tigerstripe stock
he wants 300 for it, don't know much more until i see it

what do i look for that would make me walk away, i don't want a wall hanger,

from what I'm googling its a black powder only?

guys tell me your thoughts on BP shotguns
i do shoot BP flintlock58,58 musket and a 45-70 but that big bore gets me all sweaty

Reactions: biku324

·
Banned
16,492 Posts
I routinely shoot my great-grandfather's W. Richards (imitation Wesley Richards - $7 new in the 1890s) side hammer double with Goex black powder shells. If the action is tight and the barrels solid (no crack from Damascus letting go) it ought to be fine.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I routinely shoot my great-grandfather's W. Richards (imitation Wesley Richards - $7 new in the 1890s) side hammer double with Goex black powder shells. If the action is tight and the barrels solid (no crack from Damascus letting go) it ought to be fine.
do you load your own? or buy them

Reactions: biku324

·
Banned
16,492 Posts
Buy - I have a few brass shotshells but just haven't gotten around to reloading them yet.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
my son got an Italian made 12 guage percussion double. you ought to see the attention we get at the sporting clays range. black powder sounds a lot different, and you have to wait to see if pieces of clay drop out of the suddenly appearing cloud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts