Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy gave me some ammo tonight he said his grandfather had. It is 30/30. Looks like mostly winchester with one marked "imperial" and a couple marked "f-c" I think. I'm sure it is plain ol ammo but before I shoot it I wanted to ask. Any of this look like its anything special? The 3 with the silver tip looks interesting to me.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h193/Joe_S_photos/SU1HMDA1NDIuanBn.jpg

·
Registered
414 Posts
The ones marked F-C are Federal and the 3 silver tips are Winchester silver tip. The ones marked imperial are canadian from Canadian Industries Limited (CIL) which is out of business.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks. So nothin special really?

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone would be interested in having them, I'd trade em for some modern ammo. Not sure if it would be worth it. Otherwise, I'll shoot em up next range trip along with that box of monarch I have.

·
Premium Member
5,428 Posts
At least save the brass, I would want to have an example of the Imperial, should we get on a trade for something in the future.

Thinking ahead .DT ::) ;D

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always keep brass. I will try to remember to keep you in mind after I shoot em up. :)

·
Premium Member
18,099 Posts
One of my fellow club members gave me a huge jar full of those Silvertips, and my 336-RC absolutely LOVES them. Might be worth shooting them, just to see how they do. Good whitetail bullet, too. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts