Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to change the "subject"~
I go to see mom every month, and looking all around in the antique stores for 'Marlin' items has been fruitless......we comb the central Kentucky area, and i fine alotta stuff, but we have never found a razor or comb or the 'holy grail' ~ a marlin boys ring!..........anybody have any luck finding stuff in antique places? :cry:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Speaking of Marlin boy's rings. That is the one Marlin collectable I ever found in an antique shop. Found one here locally about 4 years ago, and the price was a reasonable $10. Not bad for a ring that sold for 10 cents new! :wink:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see!see!

I KNEW i lived in the backwaters of the 'finders' places!......heck, it's so poor around here, a man can't even find a savage 99!!!! :cry:

now look what you've done mm93!....i will have to KEEP looking just to see IF i can find one~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cry:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
The real holy grail would be a Marlin letter opener for me! The handle was a small copy of the 1893 Marlin receiver and buttstock, and cast in brass with a nickeled blade. I've seen a few come up on Ebay, and they go around $300-$400+ each time!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Keep hitting the out of the way 2nd hand stores! That's where you will find one for a dollar! Garage sales, too. BTW, no 1899 Savs where you are? Gee, I know where there are a couple! :wink: SW

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I have a good friend who's selling one in .300 Savage for $300. It's pistol gripped model, with factory checkered stocks. If you're interested, I'll get the info as to model. It's in pretty nice shape as I recall!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Watch him on trades, marlinman! He's still trying to get rid of that Swiss Kat! :wink: SW

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
??????swiss kat?

well, i DID trade, and this is what i got, the HK is nice, but the girl has GO TO GO......she has upset the internal balance of the house hold......i told the war dept i would take care of her all by myself...feeding and gromming chores....but NNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!....sez her.....so. anybody know where i can palm off this lass?

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
The feed guy only has Millie, and he's single! Single guys can always use an extra!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Question is what is she good for???Too skinny to keep shade on you these hot days,,too skinny to know how to cook real man's food,,too skinny to do a good days work on the spud fields,,too skinny to keep you warm on those cold nights,, naw you got her ,you're stuck with her.

Besides that,,them bones aint like a good amount of flesh to make a feller comfy when love time rolls around..

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
>-)

modoc.....i ain't seen one yet that didn't "flesh up" once you got her home! :?
truth is: i can't afford to feed two wemon AND the HK...... :shock:

should get one of those itailan or ruskie chicks......cheeper to feed than the american varieties! :idea:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Re: >-)

kaintuck said:
should get one of those itailan or ruskie chicks......cheeper to feed than the american varieties! :idea:
Won't wear out too many of yer razors, either! :wink: SW

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
If you're lookin' for a volunteer.................................... :oops:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts