1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Beautiful pond! Did you get a pelt?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Do I see a surpressor on the one gun? I have shot a couple off of our pond. Although a 12 ga is a bit easier at just after sundown. I did work one over one night with S&W 15-22. That was fun.

Hayden

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
The one shot I will always remember is when I picked off a beaver with my 336 30-30 with iron sights from about 90-100 yards. That beaver moved onto the ranch and it was starting to flood our best hay field.
I was coming out of the mountains tired and bedraggled from a day of chasing elk. I saw that V going through the water. I just lifted my 336 where I stood. I steadied the front bead right in front of the V and touched it off. All I saw was a beaver roll over and started floating up-side down. The bullet hit right behind the ear. I was in disbelief at that shot.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Tell me more. Where is there a firearms beaver season? First I've heard of it.

Are beaver considered varmints in your area, or is it for the pelt? Is it a Spring season activity? What is the bag limit?

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Dansken, that's some pretty country! Do you only shoot beaver in Sweden or do you trap them as well? Are they considered nuisance animal's, fur bearer's or both?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.