Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a stunning SBL for sale on GunBroker. The SN starts with 91, so it would appear the be Pre-Remington, circa 2009. Stainless steel, nice walnut furniture, not the grey/green laminate, no scope rail. It has the pistol grip, big-loop lever and full-length mag tube. Was this the inaugural SBL, or someone's project gun? It's beautiful (yeah, yeah - blonde vs. brunette) like the STBL, without the dreaded "Remlin" curse. 2010 and newer had the lam stocks and sight rail. This is close to perfect, only factory porting is missing - but I doubt I can afford it by the time the bidding is all done. Too bad, as it's just over the hill...

Here's the link:

Marlin 1895SBL 45-70 Large Loop Lever 1895 SBL : Lever Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Cheers,
MI Red

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
This one looks like a early Ilion assembled STBL judging by the REP stamp on the right side of the barrel. The first several months they used parts made in North Haven and the s/n was pre stamped with the old 91xxx number. If this is right it is the nicest Remlin I have ever seen.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
This is a beautiful rifle! It is not going to be cheap, that's for sure. Still if I weren't in Germany right now and could take delivery, I''d have to go for it. it's exactly what I've been looking for so I'd have to do my best to get it. The timing just isn't right! Bad luck on me.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Pitty the wood doesn't fit.:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts