Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started off foggy, squirrels stayed asleep longer than usual. But it was fun. Had a doe and yearling come up close to me. Feeding on acorns, and there are plenty of them! Was able to take a quick pic, before she saw me, and burned the woods down leaving the country!
Saw about 12 bushy tails, shot at 5, got 4. I have got to where I won’t shoot with a rifle unless it’s a clear head shot. They must be starting to breed early this year, they were chasing and fighting all morning. If I would have taken a shotgun, would have had a limit. Here are few pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Sweet day out! Nice pictures and a good looking rifle! Thanks for sharing your hunt.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Nice shooting. What's your rifle?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fellas. It is a CZ 452 American, .22lr. Just got back out in the woods. Shot at 2 within 5 minutes, only got one. Looks like there is some target practice in my future!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Great way to spend the day! :congrats:

DR

Reactions: Arky73

·
Registered
623 Posts
Now THAT'S the way to hunt tree rats! Sweet .22 bolt action (I have a CZ 452 as well).
Not much better than having the woods "wake up" around you. You're sett'in right still to have that doe walk up on you - Good Job!

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Looks like a pretty successful day!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts