Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Know its been done before. Just wanted to report that the new marlins still fit it just fine.

Had a tad of a scare with the set screw. Reusing the old one that had a dab of what might be some kind of lock tight on it was difficult to get the screw started back. It was some sort of a beige tan looking material on one side. I finally got it with some patience and trying but I did have to just sort of take a chance and commit.

Otherwise this conversion is pretty much text book. And looks really nice too.

This is a brand new Marlin. A May 2020. And I got to say it's well made and has great fit and finish to it. I have reported already in several places that they seem to have gotten their act together. This one is nice. And it feeds and shoots both .38 Spcl and .357 magnum very well. Its pretty smooth too. Not as smooth as the Henry I just got but its better than I've felt on a new on in a long time.

Here are some pictures of the install.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I certainly agree. Problem is... I have two other Marlins with Crossbolt safety that I would love to change to just the deletes but Beartooth is out of stock.

·
Registered
19,694 Posts
Definitely an improvement!

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
I certainly agree. Problem is... I have two other Marlins with Crossbolt safety that I would love to change to just the deletes but Beartooth is out of stock.
email from Beartooth just hit my inbox. Blued and stainless saddle ring deletes back in stock. Get 'em before they're gone again. They don't last long.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up. I got one coming and was waiting on that in order to order a .357 brass follower. Id have rather done a no ring one on this other rifle but Ill take what I can get.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
cphilip ... looking at your install pictures confirms the "problem or concern" I had with the Safety Delete I just installed was not just my part I received. Their finished products aesthetic left a lot to be desired. The head of the simulated screw on yours has noticeable machine marks on it. In my view that is not the look of a screw head. Screw heads are smooth.

It took me quite a bit time to file and finish the screw heads on mine to where they looked like a finished screw heads.

Mine was the normal Safety Delete so it had 2 simulated screw heads. Both had machine marks but the left side screw head's slot was noticeably cut way off center. One product unit with 3 problems.

The unit does it's job and installs as advertised ... I just don't like unfinished products.

Thanks for posting your install experience SIR ...

Reactions: rob42049
1 - 9 of 9 Posts