Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.41 Mag . Beartooth Bullet's 280 Gr. LBT . -----

Has anyone taken any big game with this bullet -- ?

I'm about to start loading it for use in a S&W 4 " and also want to shoot the same load in a chopped M 1894 FG with a 17 " Bbl .

I've read that there are stabalization problems at lower velocities , --- but don't know how bad , -- how far out , or at what velocity -- :roll: ?

----------------------- MMCOUGAR .

·
Registered
363 Posts
MM, I've not used the BTB .41 280 grains but have used the BTB .41 265 grains gas checked bullet.

It works fine in my S&W 57 .... but it is far too long to work in my 1894S .41 Magnum. Could not get it to exit the magazine totally, and had to remove the lever to take out the cartridge.

I've heard that the 255 grains Cast Performance bullet will function in the Marlin .41 Mag., but have not tried it.

If you can get that 280 grains BTB .41 bullet to function through your Marlin, I surely hope you post as to how you did it.

Good luck. L.W.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*** THE EASY WAY ***

----- LEANWOLF , --- The M94 - FG is away at BROCKMAN'S , ( along with 11 dummy rounds ) , --- and should be ready soon .

I asked Jim Brockman to tweek the action so it would feed the 280 Gr. BTB flawlessly . --- I had already researched out the fact that the receiver had enough room , --- and that the feeding job would be easy and straightforward for any gunsmith who specialized in Marlin LA's .

I called Beartooth , and they also said it was an easy modification .

I wanted a very short , light , fast handling carbine / backpack weapon , that would carry a lot of thump , for its size . --- I also wanted a companion rifle to go with my S&W 4 " .

Had Brockman shorten the Barrel to just under 17 " , smooth the action , chop the stock a bit , and install a LimbSaver recoil pad .

Will report how it all came out here when I test it out .

Thanks much for the input ,

----------------------- MMCOUGAR .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts