1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow....looks like an old boy.......45/70 bring em down !!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Pig Ninja, here in "coastal S.C.', we are overrun with bears, in my subdivision constantly, guy on facebook in my subdivision had one come over his backyard fence and knock two bird feeders off a tree last week!!! We get reports at least every other week, had a video couple weeks ago of one crossing 501, right beside a car dealership. Got trail cam pictures of two in my corn last season, don,t know if you saw my post last year about the smaller one laying down at the bottom of the tree I was up in a climber stand!!!! T Rex

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Pig Ninja, here in "coastal S.C.', we are overrun with bears, in my subdivision constantly, guy on facebook in my subdivision had one come over his backyard fence and knock two bird feeders off a tree last week!!! We get reports at least every other week, had a video couple weeks ago of one crossing 501, right beside a car dealership. Got trail cam pictures of two in my corn last season, don,t know if you saw my post last year about the smaller one laying down at the bottom of the tree I was up in a climber stand!!!! T Rex
I'm down in Dorchester County, all the time I've spent in the Francis Marion, Wee Tee, Marsh and other WMA's I have only seen one bear. Seen plenty of sign but that is it. What you have are tourist bears that come out of NC cause they heard Myrtle Bch was so much fun!

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Congratulations! That story could have ended much differently. You did very, very good. It all boils down to keeping a cool head and being prepared and you scored 100!

Reactions: 94win30wcf

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
I'm down in Dorchester County, all the time I've spent in the Francis Marion, Wee Tee, Marsh and other WMA's I have only seen one bear. Seen plenty of sign but that is it. What you have are tourist bears that come out of NC cause they heard Myrtle Bch was so much fun!
yeah I have heard my NC bears saying something about myrtle beach before, surfs up

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Hi guys just dropped a bear in my backyard as I was going for a walk down my hiking trail!
https://s15.postimg.cc/4xw7w2rwb/39_A6269_B-_BC53-42_BF-_B1_D0-_CE8_B0_B3_B2315.jpg

It managed to take a whole magazine full of 45/70 as it charged me! Freaked me right out. Had my heart pumping as it finally dropped a foot away from me LOL
A "whole magazine full of 45-70's"!?!? you should have used a .32 Spl. only takes one shot....lol just messing with you..... nice Bear!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.