Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link to the latest White Feather Listing. If you are already on this list, let me know your handle (i.e. firstshot) and the number and section where you are located on the list and I will add your handle after your name on the report. (i.e. see #31 Light Squirrel Rifle @ 25 Yds)

http://www.geocities.com/dasalle1218/WhiteFeather072905.htm

My next goal is to max the BDT with my 1897CL (39A) for the Cowboy Action Rifle @ 25 Yds.

firstshot
-------------------------------
Make your first shot count!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for posting the record book. Each year more and more sharpshooters join the list of the best of the best. This establishes a very good standard for the definition of a sharpshooter. It is fun but though, but not totally impossible. One thing shooting the Black Death Target does is live up to the Top Gun Leauge motto, "If you can shoot, we will make you better." Pass it on.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Doug

Please put my handle "Smoke 810" next to my name (Donald R. Green) listed in the 25 yard section # 40, as well as the BR-50 yard section # 7.

Thanks

DG

firstshot said:
Here is a link to the latest White Feather Listing. If you are already on this list, let me know your handle (i.e. firstshot) and the number and section where you are located on the list and I will add your handle after your name on the report. (i.e. see #31 Light Squirrel Rifle @ 25 Yds)

http://www.geocities.com/dasalle1218/WhiteFeather072905.htm

My next goal is to max the BDT with my 1897CL (39A) for the Cowboy Action Rifle @ 25 Yds.

firstshot
-------------------------------

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey Sarge

I have been here all the time reading all this good stuff. Decided at 75 to keep my mouth shut unless I have something to contribute. How are things in Jayhawk country?

DG

Sarge said:
Hey Smoke! Where the hell you been hiding?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smoke810 said:
Doug

Please put my handle "Smoke 810" next to my name (Donald R. Green) listed in the 25 yard section # 40, as well as the BR-50 yard section # 7.

Thanks

DG
quote]

Hey there Don......I "got-er-done"....sure good to hear from you. Don't be such a stranger. There are some folks on here, including myself, that might be able to learn something from someone that's got their name on the list twice

firstshot
-----------------------------------

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I'm #84 on the 25 yd light Sq. Rifle list, and by the look of it, the lone Canadian on the list. Much obliged if ya could add my handle in there. I'll probly have at it again- I'll try with an old 3/4 tube Weaver that has given some very tight groups.

Haven't been doing much shooting lately- there's a couple of center-fire projects nearing completion, and I finally finished the front end job on my van. I'll probly head out again to shoot once it cools off- we've been mid to low 90's here for the last 3 weeks or so...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well soon I hope to post the first perfect 300 for the Top Gun Challenge.
No one has ever done it outside of practice. Jenna Skinner almost did it last year with a 295-15x and Hunter Verdin got a 295-14x so its getting close. Maybe this year, we will know 14 August.

·
Registered
932 Posts
smoke810 said:
Hey Sarge

How are things in Jayhawk country?

DG

Jayhawk country is hot!!! I missed the big Tulsa gunshow in April. May try to go in Oct. I can make about 2 or 3 rows on that congrete floor then have to sit down. Do you still have MY left handed armory model?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sarge

10-4 on the concrete floor.

I have 4 of the "Left hand" Armory models. Three of them are in the "Gallery" if you want to take a look. It's been extremely hot here also but more to the point every time a thunderhead comes this way, it gets to the river west of Tulsa and disappears. We are 12" inches below normal for the year in Broken Arrow.

DG

Do you still have MY left handed armory model?[/quote]

·
Registered
932 Posts
I should never have gotten rid of my armory model. But as much as I liked to shoot it and hunt with it, the situation at the time dictated that I come up with some money in a relatively short period of time. A few of my rifles have succombed to that monster!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Has anyone ever sorted the data?

How many times it was maxed with each kind of rifle?

How many times it was maxed with each kind of scope?

How many times it was maxed with a particular ammo?

etc., etc., etc..

How about number of qualifiers from each state?

Just courious.

Wannabe

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Wannabe-

Just off the top off my head, for the light sq. class rifle, the CZ 452 seems to be tops, with a few Marlin 880 SQ's and 39-A's lumped in for good measure. As far as I know, two repro 52's have maxxed it, and wolf match seems to be the ammo with the highest percentage of maxxes. You'll have to peruse the link in firstshot's post to get the rest of the data...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

1 - 13 of 13 Posts