Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite niece is having problems with tree rats and unwanted blue jays at her bird feeder. She's dusted a couple with a loaner air pistol but it sounds like the thing is minute of pie pan accurate at 8 yards. Anyone got a suggestion for a decent air pistol with enough fps to drop blue jays at 10 yds ?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Super Moderator
7,957 Posts
Blue jays maybe on the safe list, I'd check laws before taking more out! The crosman 1370 (IIRC) will work great!

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Another vote for the Crosman 1377 (.177) or the 1322 (.22). These are the classic pump-style single-shot pistols...nothing fancy, but they have plenty of power, and the accuracy necessary, to handle vermin. New, they run around $55, but I got a refurb last year from Pyramyd Air for under $30. It is capable of ".30-06 case accuracy" at over 50 ft, has good, adjustable sights for a modestly priced air pistol, and is very easy to load and pump.

Crosman 1377C / PC77. Air guns - PyramydAir.com

Roe

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Another vote for what was said above on the 1377/1322.
Great guns, ... I had one growing up and it took many vermin out!!!

BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yep another crosman 1377 vote from me! They are cheap to use being multi pump. Easy to pump and very accurate. Mine can easily nail the base of a soup can at 30+ft. 177Cal pelets are cheap and plenty for squirrel with proper shot placement.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Do not forget the pellet/projectile configuration has as much to do with the cleanly killing of vermin as the FPS. If not already using a good hunting projectile, you will be amazed after shooting these little marvels.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys, I sure appreciate that. I'll be shopping for one directly. Especially impressive that Roe endorses something not named Smith.

·
Registered
956 Posts
You may be able to find one at a local sporting good store or walmart. I found mine at walmart.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to look into the Beeman P17 pellet pistol. Pretty hard to pump but nice trigger, in .177.

Reactions: richard597

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have RWS .177 Super point pellets. It has good shooting range till 10 yards. This gun is perfect to shoot small animals such as rabbit and squirrel with head shots at 6fpe. It is good if you have good practice of shooting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts