Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Fit and finish not an issue, for what you spend for shipping and cost of barrel and fitting many feel just buy another single shot and have another complete gun. You will find quite a bit of info on this if you go to Greybeard Outdoor forums, whole forum just on H&R shotguns.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Fit and finish not an issue, for what you spend for shipping and cost of barrel and fitting many feel just buy another single shot and have another complete gun. You will find quite a bit of info on this if you go to Greybeard Outdoor forums, whole forum just on H&R shotguns.
It really depends what you want. Obviously, a 12GA mod choke barrel doesn't make sense, I can buy those for $75-100 complete. I'm sending my NEF .410 to get a .357 mag barrel fitted.

Reactions: 20GA and priell3

·
Registered
519 Posts
i have a 12 gauge h&r single shot slug gun with a rifled barrel, when i got it there was a coupon to get a 10 gauge turkey barrel for 60 dollars ( several years ago) everything went well and it shot well.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Anyone hear that they are discontinuing the barrel program and dropping the single shots?

CD

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Nothing official on the discontinued single shots yet, but they are ending the accessory barrel program by the end of the year, the only orders they're taking for accessory barrels are those currently in stock. Remington layed off 125 employees Tuesday, but that leaves almost 1000 still in Ilion, so the end for single shot production isn't a sure thing yet, supposedly rumored by staff in Madison, but they don't always speak the truth. :(

Tim

·
Registered
76 Posts
I waited to long to order an additional barrel for my 20 gauge. I wanted one in 357 Mag but they are out of stock.

The program is ending for sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would like to hear feedback from people who have sent their frames in for fitting with another shotgun barrel. Did they do a good job and is the fit and finish worth the money?
@ Dale; I have two rifles ( NEF-.280 REM, @ H&R Ultra .308WIN. Sent in the NEF action for a .223 Bull brl., .444Mar.brl., & .30-30 brl. fitting along with separate fore- grips for each. They will interchange with each action so tightly that a piece of Saran Wrap will not slide between barrel and receiver. Can't ask for a better fit. Turnaround was fairly quick too. I'd say go for it. I'm sending the NEF back presently for a .44 Mag brl. to be re-chambered to .445 Super Mag. upon return. Good luck with your rifle.
BTW; You can have a shotgun barrel fitted to your action too, (depending on your year of manufacture)
WILL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.