Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you .375 shooters know where I can get hold of some Barnes Bullets in .38-55 x .377"?

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
The 235 grain bullet for the 375 H&H works beautifully, the only thing is that it is semi spitzer pointed so you may have to load two. My budddy loads this bullet in his single shot Thompson and it works real good. I witnessed him shoot a fox at about 50 yards and it blew a silver dollar size hole in the fox. He has been shooting this bullet for several years and killed quie a few deer with the 235 grain.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 235 grain bullet for the 375 H&H works beautifully, the only thing is that it is semi spitzer pointed so you may have to load two. My budddy loads this bullet in his single shot Thompson and it works real good. I witnessed him shoot a fox at about 50 yards and it blew a silver dollar size hole in the fox. He has been shooting this bullet for several years and killed quie a few deer with the 235 grain.
Thanks. Only want 50 to run down the pole to "slick" it up a bit.

Good luck. They can't be found anywhere right now.

You might want to check Gunbot for 375's daily:

GunBot 375cal bullets reloading
Thanks. I'll do that. Much appreciated.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
Barnes Makes a run on what they call Originals once a year and the 38-55s are run then.

I've bought them from Mid South Shooters supply.

Was a fella here that got all the stuff to make them. Worked at that for a while and then along came baby, and daddy didn't have time to while away making them.

It's been quite some time. 2012 since he was on. Handle of Stone Fence aka Dave Deering.

I bought 200 rounds from him and they cost me way less than the Barnes, wider meplat they smacked deer down fast and left a large exit wound.

My nickname for them became Stone Fence Devastators. Don't know whether he pursued making bullets or not. Might be nice to find out, if not maybe some youngster could get with him and start making bullets.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I contacted Barnes Bullets directly, Swany, and they e-mailed back a phone number and extension to order them. Only I've called it a hundred times (exaggeration):flute: and have only been able to leave a recorded message..............to which they've not responded. So we'll see what happens.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Swany. I can't tell though.................are all of those offerings jacketed?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I ordered and received their 200 gr flat point. I would rather have the 235 gr RT. Is their round tip save in a tube fed gun?

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
Thanks, Swany. I can't tell though.................are all of those offerings jacketed?
From what I read they are all jacketed.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup..............it turns out you're correct. Thanks for the link. I placed an order today.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Chris, you won't be disappointed. I suggest you slug your bore, if you haven't already. Mine is .377 and that's what I order in 220g. I'm sure my rifle would shoot the .375 but ...maybe not as consistent. One other suggestion for all who may read this, I had good results with fire-lapping my bore. Ordered some lapping slugs from Beartooth. Shot about 20-25 with light powder chg...all you want is BBgun velocity. Stuck a couple bullets...it happens. Before I started, I looked at the lands thru a magnifying glass and they looked like the edge of a ******* file. After lapping, the rough cutter marks in the bore near the muzzle were reduced by at least half...that means the rifling near the chamber is probably 'smooth'. Don't keep shootin' those abrasive bullets till your muzzle is smooth !! You will have gone too far. After fire lapping the gun shoots smooth and clean. Cleans up easier. Use good copper cleaner from time to time. There's plenty info on Beartooth's site and on the forums. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts