Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow MO's,

I just realized that I never submitted my shrimp recipe. This is not grilling or Q (like pork or beef), but New Orleans style. If you ever go to NO, you will find at least a dozen variations of this recipe. I hope you like mine. It is very easy to make and at least 40-50 of my friends have it. As a matter of fact some of them have forgotten who gave it to them, and tell me they have discovered a new dish for me to try. ;D

·
Registered
753 Posts
Well, I just happen to have 2 lbs of shrimp in the freezer, I think I'll try this recipe this week. Sounds pretty tasty! I'll report back with my results when I do. Now have to decide how I want to make some yellow perch and frog legs. Thanks for posting this recipe.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stone,

With mild tasting stuff like perch and frog legs, less is more. I've always had luck with a corn meal or even flakes crumbled to fry them with in some nice butter (also some white wine and parsley).

Also make sure you have plenty of a good doughy french/italian loaf for the sauce in the shrimp pan.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I definitely agree with the perch and the froglegs, too much batter overwhelms the delicate flavor. As went my last batch of those based on someone else's recommendation. Back to my tried and true methods for bluegill and crappie. Still have 3 pounds of perch that I want to make up right.
Hopefully this weekend I'll find out. Looking forward to trying your shrimp recipe (have had froglegs done with that recipe once instead of shrimp, really good. Smaller froglegs, though than normal).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts