Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, did some ballistics testing the other day and I thought Id share. I have the model 60 with the 22 inch barrel. I was using CCI 36g HP. They advertise a velocity of 1260FPS. When I choreographed mine I got an average of 1302FPS. I put this into my calculator and here are the results.

Muzzle energy = 135.5 ft.Lbs
BC = 0.1260
Energy at 65 yards 95 ft.Lbs
Energy at 100 yards 83.5 ft.Lbs
Optimum zer range 59 yards (close zero 21 yards, Point blank range from 12.4 to 67 yards.)
At 100 yards your POI will be 4.63 inch low.
At 10 yards your POI will be .67 inch low.

Point bland range (PBR) means that a zero at 59 yards will give you .5 of an inch up or down of cross hairs on target from 12.4 yards all the way to 67 yards.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I think they base there's on an 18" rifle. I can guess my 39 Golden 24 inch is a smidge better. Using cheap 550 Winchester 40 grains I pop doves at 70+ yards and not much hold over. My favorite is when I don't hold over enough and cut the head clean off at the neck or top of the breast. No shot in my vittles. I have a field I plant winter wheat in for the deer in early winter and have a guy come thrash it every early summer. I pop them on the ground in a blind. The european doves have no limit or season. Great practice for squirrels.

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts