Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a all around ballistic site for all calibers?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Wiz,

I don't know that there is. There are some sites that SOUND like they're that way, but I see a lot of elitism there, and I have seen demeaning remarks made to newbies. I ain't namin' names, though. Perish the thought someone would be OFFENDED!! :shock:

Lately, I have had a lot of fun with pre-WWI metric cartridges. 10.4X47R, 8X50R, 8X56R, etc. There isn't a lot of loading data for those, and in ,most cases - none at all. I have had my best results corresponding privately with shooters having personal experience in the particular caliber I'm playing with at the time. It's been quite rewarding, and the accuracy of some of these obscure rifles is amazing!

I also have quite a stack of reloading manuals and clippings for various calibers. If by some chance you want data for the above cals, I will gladly share. SW

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to see all ballistics from the Brown Bess to date on a forum,site,internet book etc.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Try this www.sportsmansguide.com

Once you find the site scroll down the home page toward the bottom you'll see "archery and shooting" heading with "Ballistics". You'll see ballistics lists for many, many different pistols, rifles and shotguns. I use it for general purpose comparisons and reference.

Perferator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts