Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,348 Posts
The short answer is no. BUT, I would NOT want to use anything Hard Cast in a 44-40, unless they aren't all that hard. I have a hardness tester that has proven a waste of time for me. I simply water drop everything I cast and they are what they are. My mind says hard cast are over 20bhn and a 44-40 and such would likely want 14bhn or less. I'll be interested to read what others post here.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
I just went to the home page and it says these are 15 bhn such to my way of thinking is a medium hardness bullet. I would try them in a current model gun and if you like them call them and ask about using them in any vintage guns you may have.
Good luck.

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
I just went to the home page and it says these are 15 bhn which to my way of thinking is a medium hardness bullet. I would try them in a current model gun and if you like them call them and ask about using them in any vintage guns you may have.
Good luck.

Steve

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
I have good luck with the 14-15 BHN bullets in my 1894 from 1895. But when I looked into these it did not appear that they where available in .432" diameter. I was reading about the lubrication claims about being good for Black Powder and Smokeless, I wonder how well they work with the Holy Black? The diameter they sell .428" would be OK in my Uberti rifles and revolvers. Would work in the 1894 SCR also. May have to give them a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts