Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used one of these on a 795?

Buy Now - Badger Gun Stocks

I don't like many of the ''assault'' style stocks available today. but this bull pup looks pretty good. Probably make the already mushy trigger a lot worse with the trigger bar...

Also, Need to look to be sure its legal here in communist Connecticut...

CW

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I believe I'd stick with the factory stock.........

Reactions: flynmoose1

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I ordered it this AM...

I like the idea, lets see if the ''idea'' in my head matches reality.

CW

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I received a email that its been shipped and should be here in a couple days. :D

Thursday, I received the scope mount. With the style the scope or site needs to be risen. The stock sites will now be useless as you will not be able to ''get down'' to see them with this stock. That's fine by me as I want a optic. I will start with a older 45MM Tasco red dot as it has a real nice fine dot that I prefer.
I mounted the base. It fits into the dovetail for the rear site and clamps to the 3/8'' groove.

More when the stock arrives...
CW

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stock came in today and I installed it. I also installed a Tru-GLOW 2X red dot.

CW

·
Registered
854 Posts
Could the transfer bar make the trigger pull any worse ?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could the transfer bar make the trigger pull any worse ?
In my case I do t think it effected it really too much. My issue at least before diving in to correct it. Seems to me to be simply OAL. The trigger breaks at the very end of it's travel. As if you had a over travel screw adjusted out too far. I'm thinking if I make it a lil shorter I'll get back or shorten that travel.

But the mushy 795 trigger is still there sure. Plastic parts ya know ;)

CW

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took it outta the stock today, it was easy fix to adjust (bend) trigger bar. The trigger is now exactly the same as it was before installing the stock.

I also found a problem with the Badger base... See its made of a nylon material and mine was a little twisted, so it appears that the material is not strong enough to overtake the resistance of the twist...

I installed a adaptor base I had. Its not far enough forward for what I like but its shoot able. I also switched dots again. ;)

I also wanted a single point sling for this one.. So I made one! I wrapped it a couple times with para cord and square knotted it.

CW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.