Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here used one of these? I know they are not American made and that is sad, :'( I wish that Warn and Ramsey were cheaper to buy and I know they work well, in fact I have a very old Warn that I still use to this day and it works very well, I keep mine mounted on my trailer and can take it off and put in the reciever of my truck but the tail gate can not be opened when it's on. ::) According to the measurments if I had a Bad Lands Winch the tail gate could be opened with about 1" inch clearance at a fraction of the cost of a similar better made American winch, very tempting. ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Sorry to say that I have no knowledge about the Badlands Winch, but I've gotta relate this "winch" story.

I was looking for a hand winch and asked a service representative at a Lowe's if they had any winches. He thought for a second and said, "I don't know. Let me check." He pulled out his handy-dandy radio/intercom and belted out, "Anybody know if we got any wenches here." The poor dufous had no idea why I was rolling on the floor laughing.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's funny, I could see it coming. ;D ;D ;D Hand winch would not do the job for me because I skid and hoist big logs. The Warn I have works great but is very slow and not as strong as the badlands one I looked at. An auto electrician I talked to said they are hard to beat, and especially for the cost and that they would pull just as well and even better. The nice thing I like is that they also come with a reverse. :)

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I bought one, I also bought the receiver mount for it and not overly impressed with the stock they put it together with, 3/16" so I will cut it off and replace with 1/4" Says it will support 9000 lbs of pull as is and probably under rated but I would feel better if I sturdy it up a bit. Tail gate does open all the way and I have about 3/4" clearance. Pulled some large logs and works very good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts