Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved an order from Midway,which is always great to deal with,and got two bags of Win 35 Rem brass and the necks were crushed on alot of them and other ones had one side of the necks flattened.I always order WW brass from them and never got a batch like this.Anyone else ever have this happen and would you send them back?Also, I,m not blaming Midway as I've always had great service from them.

sprest22

·
Registered
957 Posts
Depends on how bad as to whether I would send them back. I've gotten batches with dinged and dented necks, but nothing I would describe as "crushed". The worst I have ever run into have been curable with a little attention with a tapered punch and a pass through the sizer which is less trouble for me than sending them back.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have not had too much problem with this in Winchester brass, although one batch of .358 Win. brass had 6 rounds of .356 Win. brass headstamped as .358s. Interesting addition to my cartridge collection. :D
With Remington brass howeevr, I usually have from one to as many as five cases that are total losses. The only batch of reminton brass that I've ever gotten that was entirely intact with no screwed up cases was a 500 round order of .35 Whelen brass.
Paul B.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cases I got were crushed, meaning the necks were dented in so much nothing was going to straighten them out.I wish I could post a pic or two,but I can't figure out the whole hosting thing.I think I will send them back.Thanks for the replies.

sprest22

1 - 4 of 4 Posts