Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! I have been away a while, but I do get a chance to get a bit of an update occasionally by way of my email notices.
To the point, I was thumbing through one of my gun magazines and saw an advertisement for the somewhat new 350 Legend. What caught my eye was the statement that this little 35 caliber was the "fastest straight walled hunting cartridge," which sent me straight to the ballistics chart.
Being an old man, I haven't decided to get worked up about it or not. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
7,857 Posts
I own a 350 Legend on an AR platform. Part of the hype was that it is supposed to have the same performance as the 450 Bushmaster with half the recoil. I don't see how it can have the same hitting power because if you compare the 2 rounds side by side (I also own a 450 BM upper) the 350 Legend is about the same height but has a 170 grn head versus a 325 grn for the 450 BM and the shell is 38 diameter versus a 45 diameter for the 450 BM. The recoil is much less but I don't think it has the same hitting power.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I believe if you are hunting with an AR15 platform in a straight wall cartridge state it would be a viable option, if not "ho hum".

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I think they are using the velocity of the lighter bullets for advertising purposes. I thought it was going to be like a 357 version of 444 is to 44mg. It's not much more than a jacked up 351 Win. For AR platform.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts