Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to have more Turkeys and Deer than Cows in Dads Pastures.
I like it like that ;)
Gunrunner,,

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
gunrunner I would declare them varmits and shoot them for eating... I mean trespassing ::)

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you say its Ok me ;D Ill set my decoys out in the morning.Dont have but the three of em,for some reason theyve never done me much good ;D ;D Gunrunner,,

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There pretty rare Welshman,but I can hook ya up.LOL.

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It truely is,Cant beleive the bucks Im seeing this year.If yall havnt,please check out my post.Wishing everone a great deer season.Think we have more bucks than does this year.Got some Video but not sure how to post it.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Here's my problem, I got this hen who wants to move in. I don't hunt anymore and I'm married to a teacher (you know the type dot all the i's and crosses the t's), who won't let me shoot it because I have no hunting license and a nosy elderly lady neighbor. My wife is also afraid I'll get blood all over her porch if I club it. What to do (I know what I want to do wimp that I am)?

Attachments

Reactions: gunrunner

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
plastic owl! Or shoot up in the air(a warning shot) for the turkey not your wife:biggrin: That or a pet bobcat!

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Gunrunner, I need to pull a trailer up, stay for a while and guard your property for you. Wouldn't want no shady characters taking over and taking advantage of ya.

1895gunner

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Gunner,Theres a good many around Dads. But my brother in laws land is et up in em.about the end of Dec me and Britt counted close to 120 birds one day in two tripods about 300 yds apart,Thered be 40 or so other there and 30 right under me.and he had em all around him.I couldnt deer hunt for watching turkeys:biggrin: There were 11 big boss toms in one group all longbeards and 16 jakes in another.When I deer 207.JPG 208.JPG bm3.jpg 198.JPG hunted over at Britts last year I told him and my brother Mike that id never seen nothing like it.Britt had never hunted turkeys.Got Mike to show him the ropes because I was working.They went to set up some blinds a week before.I called Mike and said you see any? He said Randy we couldnt hardly set up blinds for turkeys running over us:biggrin:Him and Britt went opening day and both got good ones.Britt went that evening and bought a slate call.Had never used one and killed three in the next three days.I told him"Brotherman it aint allways like that!!! They usually make a fool out of me:biggrin: I went with him once last year and shot one around 20lbs about 30yds from me and 30yds in front of him.With my old shotgun buster,3" #5s blew his head off.He thought that was the coolest thing he ever saw!Ive never been that much on turkey hunting but cant wait for april the 1st this year.Hope to video it.But it aint skill there,I think a monkey could get one there:biggrin:Around my house they are hard to come by.Mikes got em educated!I kill more bushwacking em than by calling here.And Buddy your welcome at my place anytime.Mean that from the bottom of my heart.Consider you a friend,,,Long as I have a roof you have one.Ill even help you get the first one.I get a bigger kick out of that than getting one myself..But then its ever blame man for himself:biggrin:cant have you a showing me up to bad:biggrin: Mans got his pride and all...And Britt talks turkeys more n deer now:biggrin: The pics or from there and two of the 5 he got last year.
Randy,,

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
plastic owl! Or shoot up in the air(a warning shot) for the turkey not your wife:biggrin: That or a pet bobcat!
Times like these I wished I lived in SC. I have some dear friends in Greer. I thought of some quieter methods too. My Ruger single single six is pretty quiet and bc I am 6'5" I can shoot downwards with the ground for my berm. I also have a fake Samurai sword that is very sharp in any case (I loved that movie, "There can be only one").

Reactions: gunrunner

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Went to Greer high school:biggrin: class of 80.Played ball .(Yellow jackets)Dad had two car lots there.We had the farm and a house in Greer.Went to high school there because there were more gals:biggrin: And they wasnt all kin to me:ahhhhh:Britt went there two and so did my wife Deb.Im in blue ridge now at our other home maybe 10 miles from Greer..Debs place is right out of Greer in the foothills.Got a Greer address.
Gunrunner,,

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Well I plan to do some traveling this year. It's just not enough to go shootin', a movie or some music once in a while. I got friends all over and I need to get out of NJ even if for only 3-5 days at a time! :)

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dont blame ya,Use to run up to jersey city,garden city,and Edison then long Iland then back here:driver: I stuck out like a sore thumb up there:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Well boys the gloves are off and I don't care one whit about nosy neighbors or my wife. She took our high strung male Brittany out to do his business on a leash. He saw the turkey and damn near broke my wife's wrist going after it. The problem is we live out rural and until he calms down he won't heed a call. He's also the only sporting dog we could not train on our electronic fence (had a female britt, a male golden. a male welsh springer and this one) and he is built like a linebacker, all muscle.

As soon as I sees dat bird, there will be 1 less turkey on God's green earth!

Reactions: gunrunner and me
1 - 20 of 37 Posts