Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have been missing for a few years but Mrs Furlong developed alysheimers and I was her 24/7 care giver, it killed her , and now I'm too old to enjoy the marlinitis - so I've come back to sell some marlin items - check with some of the old timers they will vouch for me. furlong

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome back! Terrible disease. Bless you for caring for her until the end. Its not easy I know. My mom is slowly losing her battle with Alzheimer's. The whole family is pitching in and helping my dad care for her. So sorry for your loss.

·
Premium Member
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you all for the understanding - but not to sound uncaring but by the time her final days rolled around I was glad for her - she was a sweetie and did not deserve that kind of an end to it all../...nuff said on that - I have to get a camera so it'll be next week before I get anything posted - going to start with a 1894 44M has the RPP extractor - that little gadget is worth the money

·
Premium Member
17,109 Posts
So sorry for your loss...........

·
Super Moderator
16,651 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Welcome back to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Let me add my condolences for the loss of your wife. My Dad went down with dementia, finally took his own life while still cognizant of what he was doing. It was tough seeing him go down hill and end up in an Alzheimer's ward. You did well and it's good to see you here.

Unless you need the money, I would suggest hanging on to the Marlins, or at least some of them. Then, if the urge hits you can go use one wile if they are all gone you will have regrets. I vouch for this from experience!

~Kees~

·
Premium Member
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not selling em all - going to keep Dude - thats my 35R - 30/30 ackley - a couple of 22's and a bolt action 22WMR _plus my fav, a 257Roberts on an old mauser action.... and I do need to generate some cash - I have a truck to replace.....financing one is out of the question - havent had a car payment since 1994...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like you have a treasure trove. My condolences on the loss of your wife. My wife lost her dad to that disease, too; too much of it going around. I hope that your routine handling of your Marlins brings you good memories and some comfort. I know how even loss of firearms can be sad; I loaned a shotgun (my dad's, which he had given to me) to my dad's brother - and he took it to Estes Park CO and I never saw it again. I have others, but sure miss that one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts