Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hunt at Ballandean late last month went well with two does in the bag. I gave one away to friends who are unable to hunt and to fellow firies. I had two others with me who had MARLINS but didn't know how to use them. One knows what half cock is now!

In a week I am of to look for wild dogs. Plenty are around and this farmer has had a guts full. I will collect the trail cam and look at the pics. One camera for 55000 acres. It is set up at a well used dam with pig nests nearby. With my quad , camo gear and caller I will see what havoc I can create. :)

My computer died. (power inlet snapped off the motherboard) it is back up and running. Good to be back.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
That's good news all around Hunter30-30. Show no mercy on those hogs! I hear even the little ones are tasty split open and laid on the grill.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Good to see ya back Dave,
hope the rain thats supposed to be coming dosent upset ya plans,
the drought must be bad out there,
I went to Proston last week, Got 3 pigs, but couldnt believe how dry it was.
The owner of the property said he spent $30,000.00 puting in the Oates that was only about 6'' high and goin purple with lack of water and cold.
Dont know if this rain thats suposed to be coming will save any of it, probably too late.
who'd be a bloody farmer.

GUS

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Gus,

The farmer has had most of his lambs attacked by dingoes and being Mulga scrub it is hard to see at the best of times. He has some crazy goast with some serious headwear but he is keeping those for those who want trophy stuff, as that helps suppliments his income.

So far the rain has been 6 spots on the size of the Sydney Morning Herald in 5 minutes. Just come home for the week end and black clouds all the way and still nothing. Many farmers have not put anything in the ground. One for two years running. Not good.

Might take some traps out with me.

Let you know what happens when I get back. But as you say the rain may kill that plan.

Dave

Reactions: whiskers

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi BFPGW

The little ones on the spit are great. The meat just falls off. These ones wear decent dental gear.

This is 30-30, 308ME or 444 country. I take two each time a 222 or one of the aforementioned on the quad.

Dave

Reactions: whiskers

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
welcome back

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Good luck Dave.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Hey Dave Welcome back. I,m heading north in late Sept en route to the Gulf. If you are around I'll drop in and say g'day.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Life just gets better. Just got 30,000 acres to hunt dingoes, pig and the landholder has a destruction permit for Roo's. One large dry lake bed with some green pick had a head count of over 700 roos. Time to go into serious reloading mode with all calibres.

Dave

Reactions: wags2477

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Life just gets better. Just got 30,000 acres to hunt dingoes, pig and the landholder has a destruction permit for Roo's. One large dry lake bed with some green pick had a head count of over 700 roos. Time to go into serious reloading mode with all calibres.

Dave
Sounds like you need a hand.....:flute:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts