Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just joined this forum to find out more information on the Marlin 1895 SBL's and now I am very nervous about it's arrival today. After reading all of the posts about the QC issues, I really hope that mine arrives with none. I guess all I can be is optimistic at this point!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

In regards to inspecting upon arrival, other than the large lever loop and making sure it's an SBL barrel is there anything else I should be checking other than the functionality of the rifle?

·
Registered
593 Posts
oldgoat80 said:
Hello all,
I just joined this forum to find out more information on the Marlin 1895 SBL's and now I am very nervous about it's arrival today. After reading all of the posts about the QC issues, I really hope that mine arrives with none. I guess all I can be is optimistic at this point!
I hope yours is one of the good ones. I have one but it was one of the first ones made and is stamped North Haven with the Marlin proof stamp. I love mine and would not trade it for anything.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome aboard and good luck with you rifle!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hope you get a good one.

I bought mine in November. At the time, I wasn't aware of any problems as I didn't know about this site. Mine is a North Haven with JB on the barrel. Fit and finish look good. It shoots well. I feel very lucky.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I will post pics and all the details when it arrives. Still waiting for the phone call! 8)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quick question while I'm thinking about it:

When I go to my local gun shop to get the FFL transfer completed and I inspect it and it does indeed have a GS barrel and not an SBL barrel do I have to accept the transfer?

I emailed the gun store I bought it from and they said that if the gun arrives damaged they will replace/refund my money no questions asked, but they said that if it is an issue with Marlin (anything other than damage) then I need to take it up with Marlin through the warranty. I guess I already answered my question, but am curious as to other's thoughts on this issue.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
If there is damage from shipment that wasn't shown in pictures or description on gun Broker then you have an issue with the seller or the freight company. You'll have to figure out if it was there all along and not disclosed or did it really get damaged in shipment. If there is a flaw from the manufacturer (Marlin) you would have to take it up with them..

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Well? You could say this is not an SBL! This is not what is pictured on the website. Same goes for blue parts on a stainless gun. One member got an SBL and it didn't even have a big loop on it! ::) That would be my arguement. Do they have your money already?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah it's already paid for. I'm still waiting for UPS to deliver to my local gun shop. It is supposed to be there by the end of business today. I will wait to inspect it and if there's an issue I will call the gun shop I bought it from.

And you are correct, if it has a GS barrel is it really a SBL?

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
And you are correct, if it has a GS barrel is it really a SBL?

Not as far as i'm concerned. Look at Marlins site. Look at the SBL. Does it have a useless unused dovetail half way down the barrel? Nope. If yours does I would think it's not an SBL! You will probably need to work it out with Marlin I guess. If so you are not alone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gotta love UPS. This rifle was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but due to weather it was delayed one day. That is understandable. This morning I was told on the phone it would be out for delivery and arrive by the end of the business day today. So after waiting all day and one hour prior to my local gun shop closing I call again to see where it is and another person tells me that it was never put on the delivery truck this morning and that it will be delivered tomorrow! Man you have got to be kidding me! Thanks for wasting my day UPS! :mad:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts