Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We don't have a monopoly on dumb politicians.

To go along with its arbitrary licensing regime, Australia also effectively prohibits civilians from owning several common categories of firearms. This includes semi-automatic rifles and semi-automatic and pump-action shotguns.

Given these restrictions, in recent years Australians have shown an interest in acquiring lever-action shotguns, which are not as heavily regulated as their semi-auto or pump-action counterparts. In 2015-16 this led to a controversy over the importation of the Adler Arms A-110, a 12-gauge lever-action shotgun.
Shoebridge labeled the Verney—Carron lever-action rifle and shotgun “semi-semi-automatic” firearms.
Now isn't that a term to give gun owners nightmares?

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...liticians-target-semi-semi-automatic-firearms

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
As you know, it isn't about "auto", "semi-auto", "lever action", "pump", "single action". It's about firearms. Period. Liberals don't want anyone to have them. Period. They will first outlaw one type, then another type, until they have outlawed them all.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
As you know, it isn't about "auto", "semi-auto", "lever action", "pump", "single action". It's about firearms. Period. Liberals don't want anyone to have them. Period. They will first outlaw one type, then another type, until they have outlawed them all.
It is not bout guns, it is about control= when they ban all guns only the outlaws will have them...

·
Super Moderator
11,176 Posts
You can't tell me that crime in Australia went down post all the gun bans. The Australian Liberal Guberment has turned a blind eye on the actual crime statistics and it is good law abiding folks that are the true victims here. You folks should have never given up your arms. If millions of folks do not comply what are they going to do ? Crucify law abiding tax paying people ?

Reactions: Boris

·
Registered
143 Posts
Isn't it interesting, and scary, that the libertards are hell bent on attempting to remove all types of firearms from law abiding citizens whilst simultaneously allowing the goon squads (the men in black, who may not be seen nor identified in any way) the "weapons of war" to deal with the citizenry? And the battering rams to smash your door in when you don't want to give up a particular type of firearm, or something as innocuous as a magazine!
Just as most despots of this world have done, before they engaged in the "selection" of those they no longer saw as favourable to their agenda.
By whatever means, 2nd A must not be relinquished. Get out there and vote, for the right person, else there may be insurrection. Just as 2A allows for.

Reactions: rob42049

·
Premium Member
10,575 Posts
it is amazing to me that when give some authority most people let it go to there head. I have watched so many videos on youtube of police officers and any and everyone with a badge abusing there authority till it is sickening! I always thought the law enforcement folks were on the side of law abiding citizens until youtube came along! there are thousands of videos of cops loosing there minds over the most minute things, and guns are a no, no in the eyes of a lot of cops. they bust down doors without warrants and beat people, put dogs on people, mace taze and even kill people that will not comply to there every command where it be lawful or not! I know there are retired law enforcement on here and I am "not against the law" just against people abusing there power! cops today have tattoos up and down the arms, they look like gang members. I have saw some who hide there faces in masks or scarfs in public , it is illegal for me and you to do that. I live near a very small town with no traffic light. the cops that run our local speed trap are dressed like they are going to war! yes I think there is a real problem in America! I think when law enforcement is ordered to kick down doors and confiscate or guns the will justify it and have no problem doing it!

·
Banned
153 Posts
You can't tell me that crime in Australia went down post all the gun bans. The Australian Liberal Guberment has turned a blind eye on the actual crime statistics and it is good law abiding folks that are the true victims here. You folks should have never given up your arms. If millions of folks do not comply what are they going to do ? Crucify law abiding tax paying people ?
If our second amendment is ever repealed, most of the citizenry here will roll over just like those in Australia. It boils down to what you're willing to fight and die for. Most people aren't.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
I wonder if anyone in Australia said no way I'm giving them up? Was there ever any confrontations? I hope things would go differently here in the states.

Reactions: OLSKOOL

·
Registered
28,627 Posts
it is amazing to me that when give some authority most people let it go to there head. I have watched so many videos on youtube of police officers and any and everyone with a badge abusing there authority till it is sickening! I always thought the law enforcement folks were on the side of law abiding citizens until youtube came along! there are thousands of videos of cops loosing there minds over the most minute things, and guns are a no, no in the eyes of a lot of cops. they bust down doors without warrants and beat people, put dogs on people, mace taze and even kill people that will not comply to there every command where it be lawful or not! I know there are retired law enforcement on here and I am "not against the law" just against people abusing there power! cops today have tattoos up and down the arms, they look like gang members. I have saw some who hide there faces in masks or scarfs in public , it is illegal for me and you to do that. I live near a very small town with no traffic light. the cops that run our local speed trap are dressed like they are going to war! yes I think there is a real problem in America! I think when law enforcement is ordered to kick down doors and confiscate or guns the will justify it and have no problem doing it!
you are so right!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.