Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

If anyone knows of an 1895 in 444 Marlin for sale can you let me know? Chasing a pistol grip, 22" barrel version, and prefer a JM marked gun.

Thanks all,
Stewart

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Hey Stewart, happy to keep an eye out for a 444. That's how we roll. I've found a couple of good Marlins for others here in ANZMO and they for me. A Quick online search shows up nothing recent, but it won't be long. Just a hint, go to gunhunter.com.au and register with the keywords 444. They automatically trawl Usedguns.com.au every 15min or so and will send you an alert email.

Cheers
Wags

Cheers
Scott

·
Registered
857 Posts
2780108_01_1965_marlin_444_lever_action_640.jpg

That's the one for sale in my neighborhood . I bought a very similiar model with the high comb, I cut the barrel to 16.5" and put a scope on it, sweeeet. This on appears to be a 24" though.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
There is one here in roxboro nc for 575.00. Go to armslist, select nc and then select rifles. finally search lever action. This is one of the older models. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hey Stewart, happy to keep an eye out for a 444. That's how we roll. I've found a couple of good Marlins for others here in ANZMO and they for me. A Quick online search shows up nothing recent, but it won't be long. Just a hint, go to gunhunter.com.au and register with the keywords 444. They automatically trawl Usedguns.com.au every 15min or so and will send you an alert email.

Cheers
Wags

Cheers
Scott
That is a good sight Scott. I didn't know about that one........

cheers, curan

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hi SD. There's one on usedguns right now. I just put a headsup on the forum with a link.

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
They're as rare as chicken's teeth.
Haven't seen one in several years.
Not even sure if the Remlin factory in NY makes them.:questionmark:
The only 444 I've seen lately is a H&R single shot.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got one, listed on used guns today at $750. Should have it in my hot little hands late next week, pending PTA.

Now to find some brass and dies, any preferences in brass brand? Anyone know of any in stock in Brisbane?

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Nice work! The Open Range in Toowoomba has some listed online, not sure of stock levels.

Reactions: Sleeping Dog

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Good score SD. I see there is also a .375 listed for too much money.

Mark.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have thought about a .375 win before, but always worried about projectile and brass availability in Oz. I know brass is dear for the 444, but at least you can get it, and the 265gr hornady for the 444 seem to be pretty widely available and well priced.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Excellent! Glad to see it all came together for you SD!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts