Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the current issue of shooting times, they do a multi-gun budget rifle shoot out. The Marlin XS-7 in 308 is in it and faired very well. I find it funny that the writers reenforced what we all know too. The Remington 770 is a tent stake, and the Edge/Axis is not very good.

While I wouldn't agree with their groups shot with the "X" gun, I can say that my 308 "X" guns do prefer the 150s to 180gr bullets.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I read it yesterday and yes, the Marlin fared very well. I have a Howa 1500 which is a clone of the Weatherby Vangard and I like it over my Marlin but it costs more.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GarMan said:
The 770 is a piece of junk.
Is is funny that the Authors did basically say don't waste your money on the 770. It's not often that you see things like that in the mainstream gun media. The lack of quality in the 770 was one of the reason Remlin took the "X" guns out of the mass market stores. Who would buy a 770 when the "X" gun is better and cost less?

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's kinda sad,

here at the other side of the pond everyone knows the Remington 770, everyone buys them. They are ridiculously priced, with a scope package almost as much as Tikka T3´s. Marlin X guns don't sell that good, even thought they are much better quality and cheaper... There's just no... marketing. No advertising, no reviews. Nothing. They don't sell. :-[ Stevens model 200 is also very good seller, but you don't see them as often in gun shops as Remington's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts