Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just last week going up and down the road I could easily spot flocks of Turkey's, in neighbors front pasture I counted at least a dozen and half pecking around the cow pies. season opened Saturday and they are gone. drove my tractor 5 miles down the road yesterday and only spotted 1 hen. its illegal to bait them here but I'm tempted to put out some cracked corn just to get em back around.

·
Registered
419 Posts
jyS92NS.jpg

I know the feeling, it’s the same way during deer season. Luckily this old boy walked in front of me this morning.

Jim

·
Registered
123 Posts
CFBFB772-7003-49D2-9F0B-6EE631165D37.png My buddy and another friend of his got these yesterday. Never hunted them myself. Do wild turkey taste like farm raised?

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
just last week going up and down the road I could easily spot flocks of Turkey's, in neighbors front pasture I counted at least a dozen and half pecking around the cow pies. season opened Saturday and they are gone. drove my tractor 5 miles down the road yesterday and only spotted 1 hen. its illegal to bait them here but I'm tempted to put out some cracked corn just to get em back around.
Know the feeling. I turkey hunt on the same farm where I deer hunt. Could've killed a number of them during deer season. Since turkey came in I've been out 4 times. I've had a hen come in one of those times and that's been it. I've killed the last two years in a row and want to make it 3 in a row, but I dunno . . .

·
Registered
14,046 Posts
They're in my driveway 3 or 4 days a week. I've heard that rich people in brand new camo suits pay $800-$1200 per day to hunt them.
Picture0321200805_1 - Edited.jpg

Reactions: Ret_Eng
1 - 8 of 8 Posts