Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The State Senate and Assembly has passed and sent to Gov. Patacki a bill which would allow the use of rifles in the hunting of deer during the firearms season in some of the counties of the Southern zone(western part of the state). Seems to be the southern tier counties that border on Pennsylvania (EXCLUDING CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY). The votes in favor of the bill were sizeable, but I don't know what the governor will or did do.

G

·
I've driven Rt 17 through your southern tier and it's beautiful. I'm speaking of the western end of the highway to Corning. Always did look like rifle country to me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The legislative summary gives the following counties for legal rifle deer hunting. Notice Chautaqua, and Steuben are not there.

Allows hunters to use a rifle during open season for deer and bear in the counties of Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chenango, Herkimer, Montgomery, Oneida, Oswego, Otsego, Schoharie and Tioga, as well as certain rural towns in Broome county in those areas east of the Susquehanna River

·
Registered
7 Posts
rifles

Darn it, I live in livingston cty, and would dearly love to hunt with my trapper 44 mag.

·
Registered
264 Posts
AllanD geeze where have you been? :?

The new impliments have since last season gone into affect, here is a link showing the results of the bills passing. After the anti's were done wizzing and whining they ignored the fact last season was one of the safest on record.

Here's another link to a thread on that if anyone is interested.

It might be interesting to know in NY there is an effort to amend the jr. hunting privilages to allow big game privilages for our younger hunters. I understand PA (game commision) has new regs for jr. hunters as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts